What's new

Sainsbury's (a leading UK supermarket) DE blades?

Greetings all.

Today when I was out shopping, I decided to browse the men's shaving section (again) and discovered these DE blades.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 23.43.56.png

These are Sainsbury's own DE razor blades. I have never ever seen them before and they were really cheap at £2 per pack. I didn't buy them as I have enough blades in my house.

However I am really keen to know who makes these blades for Sainsburys. Has anyone tried them?

Jason.

The country of manufacture is usually the biggest giveaway as to who makes them.
Thanks for that. Next time I visit Sainsbury's (my wife works there and we get a discount on our shopping) I'll look out for those blades and note which country they are manufactured. When I have established where these blades are made it will be posted on here in due course.

Jason.

Looks simi
Greetings all.

Today when I was out shopping, I decided to browse the men's shaving section (again) and discovered these DE blades.

View attachment 1400993

These are Sainsbury's own DE razor blades. I have never ever seen them before and they were really cheap at £2 per pack. I didn't buy them as I have enough blades in my house.

However I am really keen to know who makes these blades for Sainsburys. Has anyone tried them?

Jasoon.

Looks similar to the asda ones they had

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Sainsbury's has a lot of decent store branded items. I was thinking persona on these but probably Dorco Good to know these were scientifically designed for men 😉

Dorco is a leading provider of the private label blades. It woud be a safe bet that these are indeed Dorcos and since they are made in Vietnam, they are very good blades, at least for me.

I am UK based (Scotland) and certainly the Sainsbury’s blades were Dorco blades a few years ago. Not sure if they have changed. Boots own brand blades are Personnas.

Bought a pack of the Sainsburys blades today. They will be reviewed on my next shave.

Just had a look at the packaging and it says 'Made in Germany' so I am guessing they MAY be rebadged Merkur blades.

Jason.

Bought a pack of the Sainsburys blades today. They will be reviewed on my next shave.

Just had a look at the packaging and it says 'Made in Germany' so I am guessing they MAY be rebadged Merkur blades.

Jason.
I am afraid they are made by Feintechnik gmbh, who gets mixed reviews more on the worse side.

Better if they are made by German American Safety Razor plant.

£2 for 10 blades seems expensive. It works out at £20 per 100, compared with Dorco £6 per 100 on ebay, and even £2.99 per 100 on Amazon for Dorco Titan.

Thanks for your replies.

As mentioned in today's shaving review I tried them just to see what they are like and they are really THAT good. They are smooth and comfortable and the results were amazing.

As I surmised in my review; I thought they were rebadged Astra blades as they gave a very similar performance.

What I think I will do for my next shave is directly compare the Sainsburys blade to the Nacet blade. Should be interesting. Perhaps I should do a 3-way showdown? Nacet vs Astra vs Sainsburys?

Jason

Top Bottom