What's new

Sailor Gen 8.1- Today is The Day

My shipment of Gen 8.1 Rocnel Sailor razors is set to arrive today. I just wanted to send out a heads up... they should drop sometime this afternoon.

8CB7E196-D79C-4BFC-95FF-5C4D971AF37D.png

The Sailors are up on my site and available for purchase. Murat has upped the game on the 2022L (Gen 8.1) version by adding a ball locking system and giving them a lapped Matt finish (using the same type of lapping machine as Rolex). With a dual spring and 5 adjustment levels, Murat has taken the adjustable razor to a whole new level.

Sailor-8.1.gif

Is that a curved top cap, Phil? Looks like it in the picture but can’t be sure from that angle. That would be a new change from the first batch of 2022L, right?

Thanks, Phil. It definitely looks curved and a lower profile than the last version. Murat posted a video of this new style on Instagram a few days ago but as usual he didn’t give any clues about what it was. It looks very nice and I suspect many potential buyers will like this lower profile, more manoeuvrable top cap (although there was nothing wrong with the previous one). I think Murat is enjoying what his new lapping machine can do.

Good luck with the drop. These never hang around for long, though, so there’s no doubt your shelves will be empty in no time. I already have a 2022L Master Collection Sailor so it’s enough for me this year, but I do believe it is the best razor currently produced and it’s fantastic that you carry them.

Thanks, Phil. It definitely looks curved and a lower profile than the last version. Murat posted a video of this new style on Instagram a few days ago but as usual he didn’t give any clues about what it was. It looks very nice and I suspect many potential buyers will like this lower profile, more manoeuvrable top cap (although there was nothing wrong with the previous one). I think Murat is enjoying what his new lapping machine can do.

Good luck with the drop. These never hang around for long, though, so there’s no doubt your shelves will be empty in no time. I already have a 2022L Master Collection Sailor so it’s enough for me this year, but I do believe it is the best razor currently produced and it’s fantastic that you carry them.
Thank you. Yes, this looks like it will be more maneuverable. It's definitely lower profile but I don't have any of the older model for a comparison shot.

That's weird, the poster on the other forum who had this razor's prototype indicated that it was a custom '22 with a modified '19 head. I guess maybe he didn't know what he was getting, it wasn't specified by him? Sounds like they keep everybody, including prototype testers, in the dark. It also seems that they are looking backwards while clearly moving forward, there must have been enough people that preferred the lower profile. I am not one of them, it completely changes the look.

By the way, the drop earlier this year direct from them included a stand and I don't see that you mentioned it on your website. If it is included, maybe you should? If not, just pretend I didn't mention it... 😬

That's weird, the poster on the other forum who had this razor's prototype indicated that it was a custom '22 with a modified '19 head. I guess maybe he didn't know what he was getting, it wasn't specified by him? Sounds like they keep everybody, including prototype testers, in the dark. It also seems that they are looking backwards while clearly moving forward, there must have been enough people that preferred the lower profile. I am not one of them, it completely changes the look.

By the way, the drop earlier this year direct from them included a stand and I don't see that you mentioned it on your website. If it is included, maybe you should? If not, just pretend I didn't mention it... 😬
There isn't a stand. Long story short, the stand adds too much weight. Shipping from Turkey is challenging and the packages have to be fairly small which is why he only ships me 25 razors at a time. With stands, it would only be around 12 razors at a time (if that many).

Top Bottom