What's new

Safety Razor "Wish list" Thread.

What razors are you eyeing currently? What do you want your next purchase to be? What are you looking for when browsing the internet or antique shops? "Razor acquisition syndrome" is a thing, and I think most of us here will agree.

I'll start.

I love my pre-war gold plated Fat Handle Tech. I want to purchase a nickel pre-war because the condition of the gold plating on my razor is practically unscathed, and I want to keep it that way. I can't get this out of my head, and I won't feel satisfied until I get it.

After that, probably Fat Boy. ....Or a Rockwell 6S. Yeah, that! They are selling red and blue ones soon. Should I get both?

What razors are you eyeing currently? What do you want your next purchase to be? What are you looking for when browsing the internet or antique shops? "Razor acquisition syndrome" is a thing, and I think most of us here will agree.

I'll start.

I love my pre-war gold plated Fat Handle Tech. I want to purchase a nickel pre-war because the condition of the gold plating on my razor is practically unscathed, and I want to keep it that way. I can't get this out of my head, and I won't feel satisfied until I get it.

After that, probably Fat Boy. ....Or a Rockwell 6S. Yeah, that! They are selling red and blue ones soon. Should I get both?
I love my Fatboy!

Or a Rockwell 6S. Yeah, that! They are selling red and blue ones soon. Should I get both?

I have been flip flopping back and forth between buying a Karve, a Like Grandpa (Karve design) or a 6S. I am buying a red 6S tomorrow.

I don’t have any coloured razors, so something different for a change. And I am in Canada, so why not red?

I wouldn’t mind finding a Z1, Z2 and Z4 date coded nickel ball end Gillette Tech in good condition. I already have a Z3 code ball end but it would be nice to have a set from a particular year.

Edit: Actually I’d love to find 2 each of the Z1, Z2 and Z4 ball end techs along with a second Z3. Have one set in nickel and maybe replate one set in gold

Last edited:
A gold Apollo Mikron like this one from @Jake

I am fully with you on this razor. I had the honor of fixing one for a member. He let me get a few shaves in.

Not only does it look fantastic. This shaves every bit as good as it looks.

I am on the lookout for this in the wild.

I am looking for these razors in Good conditon

1)Krect slant razor
2)British flat bottom Tech
3)British Hybrid Tech
4)liebel
5)eclipse red ring
6) barbasol floating head

Those are the top of my list, but the hunt is long and arduous to find these in decent conditon/price.

Cool list. I'd guess the Liebel would be the hardest to find (by far) , I've only seen three of us post one. The others just a matter of how much you want to pay. Good luck with all.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom