What's new

Safety Razor Shaving

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been discussed several times on here. Been shaving with cartridge razors my entire shaving life but I'm getting ready to start wet shaving with a safety razor. Any advice or tips you can give a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First, Welcome to B&B!

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been discussed several times on here.

Several? Try thousands.

Been shaving with cartridge razors my entire shaving life but I'm getting ready to start wet shaving with a safety razor. Any advice or tips you can give a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The best tips I can offer are to:

1. Watch and re-watch Mantic59's videos over at YouTube.
2. READ THIS THREAD!
3. Keep reading, learning, experimenting, and asking questions.

You might try posting your questions over at the Shave Clinic and Newbie Check-In sub-forum.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

It's great to have a new recruit and that's another packet of multi-blade carts in the bin!

You will need:-

1 Edwin Jagger DE89
1 Tub of Cella Shaving Cream
1 Boar brush (Semogue 830)
1 Packet of Astra Super Platinum razor blades
1 Bottle of Nivea Post Shave Balm

This is good stuff for a beginner! Watch all the shaving videos on You Tube and read as much as you can about DE but most of all, enjoy! Best of luck!

My advice? Just jump right in! Don't spend too much money right away with costly items because your tastes will surely change as you progress. A simple DE razor, vintage or new, as you like, a blade assortment, an inexpensive brush, soap or cream, and Bob's your uncle. No special skills are required, nothing that can't be learned quickly. And welcome to B&B!

Careful man, its addictive. I got a set of 5 razors, LOVED the feeling of a DE shave, I just bought 3 more on ebay.

DE shaving is the first pain-free shaving experience I've had in my 19 years of shaving

Have patience because it's a little different than what you've been used to. At first you'll probably want to go back to the cartridge, but keep at it and give it time. Good luck!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I can't wait to get started, I'm just waiting for all my stuff to be shipped from Amazon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Top Bottom