What's new

Safety razor set for travel?

since your razor is a 3 piece - the Fine case works very nicely, compact and durable.
Add a twist up container of Arko stick or your preference - 50/50 Cella/MWF below

Simpsons have various sized brush tubes for travel, also

traveltatara-jpg.1482656

since your razor is a 3 piece - the Fine case works very nicely, compact and durable.
Add a twist up container of Arko stick or your preference - 50/50 Cella/MWF below

Simpsons have various sized brush tubes for travel, also

traveltatara-jpg.1482656
Pretty slick but I'd like to see the one from Hermes.

I was looking around for a soft clasp covered roll for my OLD style Laurel English Sheffield made razor from the very early 30's.

That would make for a good travel razor, being effectively an improved version of the OLD, once the US patents had run out in the early 30's. The build quality seems better and it has a slightly shorter ball end handle which does not crack.

I was looking for something like this, except with the metal mirror. Here is the original
proxy.php

There is a certain US razor restoration company that make a repro of this with the mirror.

This is a 'true' soft roll US Army issue set that has 'Property of US Army' on the top line of the label.

It's strange that the blade bank in the Mr Razor pic above has Nov 15 1914 scratched on it's front. Maybe this set was issued to a US volunteer who had fought in the British Army since the beginning and had re-enlisted into the US Army after April 1917 and wanted to record his service in some way?

The glory and mysterious rich history of vintage razors eh?

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements DOC but "The Flight" version. It's a four piece razor that comes in a travel case along with some blades and some scissors. All for $45!

69CAD95B-B4A6-4643-BADF-81B3F75D253E.jpeg
BD958580-4414-417E-B7D8-37DE0F793AF0.jpeg
0EC627B1-3F08-443F-8B6A-C21DF1CC830E.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements DOC but "The Flight" version. It's a four piece razor that comes in a travel case along with some blades and some scissors. All for $45!
I have this set. You have to throw away that useless DOC head, as doesn’t shave worth a darn. I tried five passes and still had to break out another razor to finish up. I wouldn’t even call it mild. It just doesn’t cut stubble. Anyways, the case is great, and the two-piece handle is really nice and heavy. The scissors are a nice bonus. It’s a good kit if you throw in a game changer 84 or Lupo 95 head. Or a SLOC. 😎

I have this set. You have to throw away that useless DOC head, as doesn’t shave worth a darn. I tried five passes and still had to break out another razor to finish up. I wouldn’t even call it mild. It just doesn’t cut stubble. Anyways, the case is great, and the two-piece handle is really nice and heavy. The scissors are a nice bonus. It’s a good kit if you throw in a game changer 84 or Lupo 95 head. Or a SLOC. 😎
Lol. I'm sorry. I'll trust you on this one.

1. Travel razor recommendations: Any 3 piece you like should work well. Either a short handle or a 2 part long handle that comes apart.
  2. Recommended blades to go with it: A 10 pack or 2 of your favorite blade should work. I like German made Personna.
  3. Recommended shaving/soap cream and brush vs. applying it by hand: Shave sticks are great for travel if you like hard soaps. Otherwise, you can spoon your favorite cream into a 1oz jar. If you like samples, this is an opportunity to go through a sample pack since they are already travel sized. Use a case for your favorite synthetic brush. Synthetic is good for travel since you don't have to soak it or wait long to dry. So you can skip the lather bowl and just face lather. A leather brush roll should accommodate larger brushes or use a small enough brush to fit in a plastic case. Pack a small styptic pencil. And fill a 2oz bottle with your favorite aftershave splash or get a travel sized balm. If you have jars for cream, you can scoop your favorite balm into one too.
Pack blades in your check in bag. If traveling internationally, it can be fun to stop at a local shave shop and see what they have for creams, soaps, aftershaves, blades, etc. to supplement what you brought. This works well in Europe, South Asia, Middle East, but not as well in some other places that don't have much of a shaving culture. If you are feeling really bold, you can try a local barbershop shave. There are youtubers like Harald Baldr who always film shaves in lots of countries he's traveled to.

I bring my full equipment
Safety razor
1 set of blades
Regular brush
Soap (proraso green or RR Plague Dr) that pairs well with AS
Aftershave old spice
Alum
Old spice deo stick
And I'm set, it all fits in suitcase and I always check in my baggage.

Top Bottom