What's new

Safety Razor Of The Week

proxy.php

In the coming weeks I will be looking at the wonderful world of safety razors.

Each week I will feature a specific razor to highlight and discuss.

These features may include such things as reviews, photos, and history. Of course I will also add my opinion of the razor posted for the week.

I will add a new razor to this thread each week to discuss. You are all welcome to add your thoughts, ideas, comments, opinions and pictures.

Feel free to suggest a razor that you might want to discuss in the forthcoming weeks.

I think this will be a fun and interesting way to learn a little more about the safety razors we all enjoy so much.

NOTE: I will do my best to be as accurate with all information added, as it will be based solely on my experience and references available. Please feel free to correct or add information, as this is a learning experience for all of us.

Week 1 The Gillette Double Ring Razor

Week 2 The Kampfe Brothers Star Razor

Week 3 The Gillette Diplomat

Week 4 The J.A. Henckel Wotan

Week 5 The Gillette Richwood

Week 6 The Schick Adjustable Prototype

Week 7 The Merkur 38C

Week 8 The Crescent Razor

Week 9 The Gillette Super-Speed

Week 10 The Monk aka "Pig Scrapper"

Week 11 The Merkur Slant Bar

Week 12 The Gillette Toggle Adjustable

Week 13 The French A.K.

Week 14 The Gillette Ranger Tech

Week 15 The 1934 Gillette Aristocrat

Week 16 The 1911 Rib Back Gem Jr.

Week 17 The Wilkinson Strong Beard

Week 18 The Merkur Classic

Week 19 The 1919 Gillette Big Fellow

Week 20 The Stahly Blade

Taking a break for a couple weeks fellow, very busy right now. Anyone care to step up and do a post? PM me...

The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the management.

Last edited:
proxy.php

In the coming weeks I will be looking at the wonderful world of safety razors.

Each week I will feature a specific razor to highlight and discuss.

These features may include such things as reviews, photos, and history. Of course I will also add my opinion of the razor posted for the week.

I will add a new razor to this thread each week to discuss. You are all welcome to add your thoughts, ideas, comments, opinions and pictures.

Feel free to suggest a razor that you might want to discuss in the forthcoming weeks.

I think this will be a fun and interesting way to learn a little more about the safety razors we all enjoy so much.

NOTE: I will do my best to be as accurate with all information added, as it will be based solely on my experience and references available. Please feel free to correct or add information, as this is a learning experience for all of us.

Week 1 The Gillette Double Ring Razor

Week 2 The Kampfe Brothers Star Razor

Week 3 The Gillette Diplomat

Week 4 The J.A. Henckel Wotan

Week 5 The Gillette Richwood

Week 6 The Schick Adjustable Prototype

Week 7 The Merkur 38C

The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the management.

Ray- Loving your Diplomat. That could be one of the nicest looking razors I've seen.

Milord or Aristocrat sound like a good choice. Or Sheraton/Senator.

Honestly.. I don't care too much, I just need my fix. Anybody else wait in anticipation for the SROTW?

Milford or Aristocracy definitely.

Thanks for doing this so regularly. It must be a fair bit of work, but please know that it is appreciated!:001_smile

I've taken a few weeks off now but I am getting ready to gear up again and put up some more posts starting next week. Don't forget to check in and enjoy!

Add your ideas and what you might like to see. If anyone wants to work with me on a feature or two, by all means let me know.

Got my new 1912 Gem Junior in the mail today. First shave was outlandish! This, without doubt will be my SROTW.

Since I keep seeing posts about them giving absolutely awesome shaves I'd love to see articles on either The Gillette NEW Deluxe or the Gem Lather Catcher.

Since I keep seeing posts about them giving absolutely awesome shaves I'd love to see articles on either The Gillette NEW Deluxe or the Gem Lather Catcher.

Week 16 was about the Gem Lather Catcher.....The Gillette New Deluxe was basically covered in week 5 as it is the same razor as the Richwood, save plating and packaging.

I can do a more detailed piece on that in the future.

A more detailed piece would be great since I'd like to see more details about the NEW head as opposed to the New Improved head the Richwood has.

And as for the Gem, I'm inattentive like that I'll often miss things right in front of me. So now I'm off to read it.

A more detailed piece would be great since I'd like to see more details about the NEW head as opposed to the New Improved head the Richwood has.

And as for the Gem, I'm inattentive like that I'll often miss things right in front of me. So now I'm off to read it.

Your right, it's to early..I need more sleep today...:blushing:

INCREDIBLE THREAD IDEA! Love it.

I'd like to nominate the Ever-Ready SE razor of the 19-teens and 20s.

Specifically this style.

proxy.php

I have one and I'd like to find out more about it. :D

Top Bottom