What's new

Safety Razor Of the Week, 11/23–11/29 The Gillette Toggle Adjustable

how many 1955s were ever made or 1958 "D-1"s madenot to many I guess and assume the "D-1" is a hard one to get ahold of and bring good money

I am reviving an old thread because I just joined and found it today! This is the razor I shave with every day. It was a gift from my father who found it at a garage sale in new, unused condition in its original box. I like the size and adjustability of it, but I think there is an issue with it that just popped up recently. Shave works good from one side of the razor but is rough from the other. I have switched blades multiple times to no avail. It is consistent as well since I can see what side I am using by the numbers present. Any ideas on a cause/fix? Also, how do you decode the serial number to find out when it was made? Thanks!

I am reviving an old thread because I just joined and found it today! This is the razor I shave with every day. It was a gift from my father who found it at a garage sale in new, unused condition in its original box. I like the size and adjustability of it, but I think there is an issue with it that just popped up recently. Shave works good from one side of the razor but is rough from the other. I have switched blades multiple times to no avail. It is consistent as well since I can see what side I am using by the numbers present. Any ideas on a cause/fix? Also, how do you decode the serial number to find out when it was made? Thanks!

If your talking serial number, does that mean your toggle has the 1-5 adjustment or 1-9? I use this site: http://gillettedatecodes.com/

Top Bottom