What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: May 2017

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The razor will be the 40s style super speed. Get your gear ready boys, it should be a good one!

Ahhh, the King of the Super Speeds as they say, and I must agree. It is hard to narrow down who is exactly on the throne, but I am leaning towards the 1947 Super Speed. Thank you Adam for selecting such as this! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Gillette 1947 Super Speed Razor Box Contents Complete.JPG

KeenDogg

Ahhh, the King of the Super Speeds as they say, and I must agree. It is hard to narrow down who is exactly on the throne, but I am leaning towards the 1947 Super Speed. Thank you Adam for selecting such as this! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrownView attachment 781816
Thank you, Tony. Save all those great photos for May, my friend. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Question: Is this like a "We're only going to use '40's style Super Speeds for the entire month of May" thing? Or is it just everyone posting pics of their '40's style Super Speeds??

KeenDogg

Rats! Mine's a 1951 Black Tip SS. I'll follow along anyway.
I think you're good. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, The 40s style encompasses 47 to 54.
Question: Is this like a "We're only going to use '40's style Super Speeds for the entire month of May" thing? Or is it just everyone posting pics of their '40's style Super Speeds??
You can do whatever you like as long as it's the 40s style SS. You can post pictures of it, shave with it, and/or discuss what you like about it. You can share history about it if it's an heirloom. There's no clear cut rules except razor type.

Kindly,
Adam

You can do whatever you like as long as it's the 40s style SS. You can post pictures of it, shave with it, and/or discuss what you like about it. You can share history about it if it's an heirloom. There's no clear cut rules except razor type.

Oh, OK. I didn't know if this was a "Fatboy February" type of thing.

That's cool. I'm using my '50 SS this week, so I'll make some mental notes on what I like about it, and try to think of a creative setting for a good pic! Thanks!

KeenDogg

Oh, OK. I didn't know if this was a "Fatboy February" type of thing.

That's cool. I'm using my '50 SS this week, so I'll make some mental notes on what I like about it, and try to think of a creative setting for a good pic! Thanks!

Gotcha! Sounds wonderful!

I think you're good. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, The 40s style encompasses 47 to 54.

Kindly,
Adam

Mine's a W2. I'm in!

Sounds like a fun month. I have a few different ones to bring out no date code, date code, Al black tip, steel black tip. Maybe I'll pick up on some of the subtle differences if I use mostly 40s Super Speeds for the month.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I may play along. But I cant shave with just a Super Speed all month. There are too many great razors to just shave with one for a month. :)

Of course I am in Adam! I have a Y4 that hopefully arrives tomorrow that I want to try, and this is the best time to put them all into a rotation of sorts. I can use it initially, then send it to Cap as I have done with all of my Super Speed razors. I already have the correct dark blue base case with an in-crazed lid and a Blue Blade dispenser for it, so this will finish my razor-ing methinks. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

KeenDogg

I may play along. But I cant shave with just a Super Speed all month. There are too many great razors to just shave with one for a month. :)
No requirements. Please come and go as you wish!!! [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

One more question: Would my '49 Milord be able to play along with my NDC and Black Tip? Or is this just for razors officially named Super Speed?

KeenDogg

One more question: Would my '49 Milord be able to play along with my NDC and Black Tip? Or is this just for razors officially named Super Speed?
Tecnically, no. I was wondering about this when I chose the 40s style.I have a Ranger Tech that is closer to a superspeed than a tech as some would think of them. I decided it was too far back.
But it doesn't mean you cant still use it. You don't have to shave faithfully with a superspeed all month.

What is the general thought of some of the other members on what to include or exclude?

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom