What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, June 2016 - The Gillette Tech

Yesterday evening i purchased Three Vintage Gillette Tech 2 DE razors from Ebay uk for the grand total price of £21.30p. which works out at £7.10p for each razor,The razors are unused stock from 1972, made in three parts the aluminium handles have machined a finish. Marked Gillette S 4 Made in England.Lenghts Approx: 3'',each razor weighs 30g. ..as i've only been DE shaving since April 2016..i was only going to buy 1 vintage razor,of which i had a few in mind, but when i stumbled across these beauties and for the price.i had to treat myself.i'm really looking forward to trying them out. here's a photo of the same razors.
View attachment 669802

I have nine techs in my collection but currently I only use three in my ever-widening rotation: a pre-war fat handle, a ball end tech and a ranger tech. The pre-war tech is one of my most used razors.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread - thanks Edgar for bringing the Safety Razor of the Month threads back!! Here's one more pic before the next safety razor gets it's chance - my first Tech - a pre WWII triangular slot Tech - the razor that got me hooked on vintage Gillette Techs...

$gilletesilverblue.jpg

[MENTION=98310]mr_eleven[/MENTION]

Brian, I really enjoyed all the pics and comments. A great thread thanks to YOU and all the members who participated in it. You guys are awesome, thank you so much! :thumbup:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread - thanks Edgar for bringing the Safety Razor of the Month threads back!!

I can't agree more, thanks Edgar and all those that participated! :thumbup1:

Here is a final pic from me, some loose "user" Techs I have. My cased ones and contract models are elsewhere at the moment.

Pile of Techs.

Been using a double edge for just over a month now, have managed to acquire four Techs (along with 5 other razors) here is the Tech group photo.

1966 Travel Tech : 1953 Ball End Tech : 1946-1950 Fat Handle Tech (Gold, rectangular holes) : 1938-1945 Fat Handle Tech (Rhodium re-plate, triangular holes)

proxy.php

proxy.php

I know this over half a year old, sorry to resurrect an older thread, but the Gillette Tech is by far my all-time favorite DE.

I'm especially partial to the Fat-Handled, Pre-War Tech. Such a smooth, mild shaver. It just can't be beat. In fact, I have 4 of them in storage. I only use my re-plated Tech as my current go-to DE.

I'm always on the lookout for more and I've heard that they might even be making a modern version?

Glad to see so many of my fellow Wet Shavers love the Tech as well! :a14:

I'm resurrecting this old thread because...well....because its an excellent thread. My old Tech hasn't seen much use lately and that is going to change. Great razors that provide excellent shaves with the right blade and the right technique. Back in the day Gillette really knew how to put out some tools.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm resurrecting this old thread because...well....because its an excellent thread. My old Tech hasn't seen much use lately and that is going to change. Great razors that provide excellent shaves with the right blade and the right technique. Back in the day Gillette really knew how to put out some tools.
Today is Tech Tuesday. Good day to give your Tech some attention. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tech Tuesday Shave 20200721
20200721_150034~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canadian Pre-war Tech (Charcoal Goods Copper Maze handle)
Blade: Kai (1)
Brush: ShaveForge Celestial Blue handle (TNS 25mm Quarter Moon knot)
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Cologne: Classic Match EdT Spray (clone of Jimmy Choo Man)

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Love my Canadian Pre-war Tech! :001_wub:

Outstanding shave! :)

Top Bottom