Safety Razor of the Month: July 2017

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Oxford Set (LC NEW)
GSB
Haslinger's Ringelblumen
Custom Silvertip
Nivea Sensitive

I really enjoy how this razor shaves. There's something about this type of handle that just works for me. I find it very comfortable in my hand. This razor was once owned by a man named Benjamin Wesley Hitchcock. I bought it from his daughter, Holly. She told me he always wanted to be a soldier but could not because of medical reasons. He did, however, help the war effort by building artillery shells at Remington, I believe.

Smooth shaves, Gents.
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Today's weapon was a British Flat Bottom NEW coupled to a Rockwell stainless handle. A mighty fine shaving combination. Astra SP, RR 400 synth, and home made clary sage shaving soap made up the rest of the gear. I finished it off with some Ogallala Bay Rum. RFB is on deck for my next shave.

SOTD 06july2017.jpg

Oxford Set (LC NEW)
GSB
Haslinger's Ringelblumen
Custom Silvertip
Nivea Sensitive

I really enjoy how this razor shaves. There's something about this type of handle that just works for me. I find it very comfortable in my hand. This razor was once owned by a man named Benjamin Wesley Hitchcock. I bought it from his daughter, Holly. She told me he always wanted to be a soldier but could not because of medical reasons. He did, however, help the war effort by building artillery shells at Remington, I believe.

Smooth shaves, Gents.
proxy.php

That's really awesome to know the history of a razor.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Found a couple more unmolested beaters. Word of the day: patina. :001_tongu

full

Slightly different handle than usual, the one on the right.

Found a couple more unmolested beaters. Word of the day: patina. :001_tongu

full

Slightly different handle than usual, the one on the right.

Do you know anything about that handle? My Red and Black set has a handle like yours. It seems to be a less common common bar.

It makes it way more valuable to me, for sure. It's not "just a razor" somehow.[emoji4]

I agree, it's great to know some history about a razor that you find in the wild, although most of mine, I don't. I do try to put a story with it though, where I found it, who was with me, and why I was there.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I agree, it's great to know some history about a razor that you find in the wild, although most of mine, I don't. I do try to put a story with it though, where I found it, who was with me, and why I was there.
Yes! The memory of finding it makes it special too.[emoji4]

Jul 8: NEW Short Comb

Lather: CFG Sherlock
Brush: Semogue 620 (21/50mm)
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb (squared corner tabs)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless [33]
Balm: Stirling Barbershop Post-Shave Balm

It was interesting to shave with the NEW SC after a run with the Deluxe and RFB. The SC is a smooth, very capable razor, but for me, it never sees use because they're both better in some way. The Deluxe is more efficient but equally smooth, and the RFB is smoother, yet equally efficient. See my problem? The SC is not very far off, and still stands proudly as one of the best razors ever made. It's like the Mensa genius with a 160 IQ hanging with a bunch of 190 IQ super-geniuses.

proxy.php

I've been quite busy these past few days. Early mornings and full days in work areas with no cell service. Here are the past few days shaves.

New Improved- The New Improved is not a NEW.
proxy.php

Gillette Canadian Goodwill - This Goodwill is a NEW.
proxy.php

Gillette NEW LC - Scruffy
proxy.php

Gillette NEW LC - Scruffy
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom