What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: July 2017

Yay! I have my first New SC going through customs as we speak :a14:

Really look forward to testing if it bites too much - as I am a mild razor guy at heart :blink:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Really look forward to testing if it bites too much - as I am a mild razor guy at heart :blink:

I prefer mild razors as well. I find the NEW SC to be very smooth, but fairly aggressive compared to the LC.

I prefer mild razors as well. I find the NEW SC to be very smooth, but fairly aggressive compared to the LC.

Ah, thanks for the info. I had thought it was the other way around, that SC's were less aggressive than LC's... Maybe I was too fast on the button. Well, lets see...:001_unsur

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Ah, thanks for the info. I had thought it was the other way around, that SC's were less aggressive than LC's... Maybe I was too fast on the button. Well, lets see...:001_unsur

The NEW SC is a more rigid design, but it has more blade gap. It both feels and shaves me more aggressively than the LC, British Rocket or a post war Tech I have, but it is nice and smooth.

Well, the SC arrived today and beautiful it is. Great condition.

Let's see tomorrow how it shaves, will let you know!

IMG_0190.JPG

I really like the NEW each razor is different from the others whether it is the case, serial #, base plate , cap style , handle, finish or head/handle combo .My interest in the NEW came from the excellent posts I read when I first joined B&B .Thank you @ Dr Awkward and others

news6.JPG

News3.JPG

Two of my favorites are the Flat Bottom English Goodwill and the Canadian NEW Regent with case and shipper .I believe both are fairly hard to find .

Glenn

I really like the NEW each razor is different from the others whether it is the case, serial #, base plate , cap style , handle, finish or head/handle combo .My interest in the NEW came from the excellent posts I read when I first joined B&B .Thank you @ Dr Awkward and others

View attachment 798803

View attachment 798805

Two of my favorites are the Flat Bottom English Goodwill and the Canadian NEW Regent with case and shipper .I believe both are fairly hard to find .

Glenn
WOW, are they all users or any that you will not use because of their nice condition ?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Sweet. I have a few NEWs to use during this event! I will be spending two weeks down at the National Boy Scout Jamboree in WV during July. So I will pack at least one NEW in my kit! Should be an appropriate choice for that occasion.

Here are a few candidates for July's festivities. L-R: 7 O'Clock Brit Flat Bottom, Gillette Brit Flat Bottom, Delta Echo LC, Gold SC, LC, RFB

View attachment 798171
View attachment 798172
Saaaaweeet!
Timely! I'm now using my NEW DeLuxe bar handle....

proxy.php

There's a RFB around here as well....

proxy.php

Or a Belmont DeLuxe...

proxy.php

Or a NEW B&W set

proxy.php

Or a NEW Oxford French set...

proxy.php

Another RFB, three-piece #44 set

proxy.php

A NEW DeLuxe Criterion set...

proxy.php
We would love to have you, JM!

Got this Deluxe today. The handle needs some fixing, but otherwise it's in pretty nice condition.

It's of the '15mm' variety - keen to see how it compares against my 17mm.

View attachment 798335
Time to get cracking on that handle!

I just went through customs myself!
Yes, we rebelled against your "no Milord" rules! Muahhhahhahhaha!

:001_tt2:
You animals!!!!

View attachment 798803

View attachment 798805

Glenn

Beautiful, Glenn.

View attachment 798803

View attachment 798805

Glenn

Impressive, Glenn!

NEW SC
Vintage Schick Stainless Krona Edge (new (well maybe not new, but first use))
Whipped Dog Synth
Mama Bears Awakening
Skin Bracer

Great shave with the Short Comb, I really should use this one more. I think one of the main reasons I don't is it's just too easy! :a14:

Also very impressed with the Schick blade.
DSCF0300.JPG

I'll play. Won't be able to do every day, as I committed to the 7777 challenge, and only have 2 NEW's at the moment. But that's changing as we speak.

IMG_0660.JPG

NEW Deluxe
Nacet Blade
Sudsy Soapery Sage and Lime
Razorock synthetic

Great combo for me.

Some of my favorite razors. Especially the Deluxe. Here a couple of my nicer ones.
proxy.php

NEW Deluxe President in original silver plate.
proxy.php

Tiffany & Co. NEW LC silver plate head w/ pure sterling handle and case.
proxy.php

NEW SC in nickel.
proxy.php
NEW Deluxe chromium Criterion.
proxy.php

NEW RFB #88 in silver plate.​

Last edited:
Top Bottom