What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, December 2013 - Rotbart

79.5g in zip case:

$Rotbart Zip Case-01.jpg
$Rotbart Zip Case-02.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Here's another of mine looks like 5031 if that is a heavy (~79g) silver plated two-piece. TOP shaver!

Thank you Achim for the wonderful photos and scans of the catalogs! Very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I knew I could count on Achim for some great stuff here, but those photos and catalog layouts are really outstanding!

I guess I'll toss in a few shots of easily my nicest Rotbart set, this No. 337d Hoch set that's almost a carbon copy of the Gillette Single Ring, with its original carton:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry to be late to the party, but this just in from Krona Kruiser:

$IMG_3058.jpg$IMG_3062.jpg$IMG_3061.jpg

An early single-ring style Mond-Extra. I love the gentle but efficient shave, and now, thanks to Sam, it's good for another few decades.

I just saw this on the famous auction site (it's a BIN). Looks like a late model Tech marketed as Rotbart. An ignominious end of a fine line of razors.

$rotbart.JPG

I love the No.15, it's one of my all-time favorite head designs and are fabulous shavers. Unfortunately many had some problems during their long storage and show some signs of corrosion. I don't mind it on the handle but when the top cap plating gets eaten away it is sad to see.

Inspired by this thread, I actually shaved with a Rotbart #15 twice this past week (and once with a bad Soviet copy of the #15). All I can say is: wow! I had forgotten how aggressive it is. I wouldn't describe it as smooth, but the shaves were irritation-free and very, very close. I would compare the end result to a Cadet OC, although the shave itself was a very different experience. I might have to give the #15 a bit more time in the rotation!

Last edited by a moderator:

Could you elaborate more on this specific razor. I picked one up today in mint condition but I do not know the production years and the particular model. The seller (from a site in Romania asked for it 17 euros shipping included) was promoting it as a WWII German razor but was clueless about it in fact.
On my case can be seen quite clearly in the upper left corner the inscription ”Quick”. Is the name of the model perhaps?

I haven't seen one of these yet-

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434504333.619922.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434504354.533521.jpg

I didn't have this razor when this thread was created. Thanks for letting me share it. It was re-plated in rhodium by OCRazorman from California.

Top Bottom