What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, August 2016 - Schick Injectors

On vacation. Just "acquired " a Gem and two Schick's at antique stores here. Will post some pictures soon.
Question: what is a good, read: cheap, source for injector blades? Are they still being made? I can readily find S E blades for the Gem, but am a little puzzled about the injectors. PLEASE educate this noob, since all you wet shavers are at least partially to blame for my disorder...

It's easy to find quality injector blades , Ted Pella is offering 20 blades dispensers for a very reasonable price ...online in USA :)

For Gem ...no idea sorry

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's easy to find quality injector blades , Ted Pella is offering 20 blades dispensers for a very reasonable price ...online in USA :)

For Gem ...no idea sorry

Thanks! I just happened to stop by the local independent pharmacy. Guess what? They have Schick injector blades 7 for if I recall 7 or 8 bucks. Bought some on eBay awhile back. I'm actually just about to shave with it!

I just got three Schicks via a trade with troy. An L, M, and N. They all look great. Once I get some blades, I'll be trying them all out. :laugh:

proxy.php

Get a Schick, stay away from Pal or Persona with the smooth safety bar. The sharp horizontal serrations on the Schick's bar definitely have an effect of pulling the skin tighter before reaching blade. Always get a closer smoother shave with them. Currently using Ted Pella surgical blades, have not found better. Current fav. is 50's Hydro Magic. can release blade holder and wash out my long whiskers easily. Have always found injector best for trimming beard etc. It's smaller head lets one see exactly what you are doing. And, those blade edges, are protected, no accidental cuts. Have 7 different models of Schicks, all but 2 bought unused still in new box. True, older ones more aggressive, when men were men :)

Razor560-SchickI2-1955-VG_03.jpg

Top Bottom