What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, April 2013 - Gillette Fusion Power

We weren't exactly sure which forum this month's SROTM belonged in. On the one hand, you could argue that it behaves more like a single-edged razor since you can't flip the blades around, and so it should be in the SE forum. On the other hand, the extra blade on the back means you can flip the whole head over and shave with it on both sides, so maybe it belongs in the DE forum. In the end, that and the fact that it's a "multiple-edge" safety razor won out, so here we are.

$gillette_fusion_power.jpg

This month let's hear it for Gillette who, not content with the simple 5-bladed Fusion, took the heretofore unheard of, revolutionary leap of adding a vibrating motor to a safety razor to create the Fusion Power. Honestly, I think Gillette themselves say it best:

The battery-powered Gillette Fusion Power razor adds to the features of the Gillette Fusion Manual razor with PowerGlide blades and soothing Micropulses that allow the shaver to gently glide across your face with less friction and less shaving irritation. An on-board Microchip regulates the power to ensure consistency shave after shave.

If my work with computers has taught me anything it's that everything worth anything has a microchip in it. So, come on guys! Let's see your Fusion Power glamor shots and hear your tips for getting the most out of what is surely the most advanced safety razor on the planet.

I wish I could be in, but the sabbatical prevents me from splashing out on such a marvel of modern engineering.
Looking forward to seeing the SOTD pics! Preferably with the Fusion Gel for extra added performance.

If my work with computers has taught me anything it's that everything worth anything has a microchip in it.

The way I hone, all my straight razors are full of microchips.
But I will dust off my Fusion Power for the month. The nice thing about it is it buzzes after 2 minutes to let you know when you've been shaving long enough.

Here's mine. It's been used exactly once and has been sitting in the back of the cabinet in the bathroom for some months now. Yep, I actually have one. :blushing: It looks like a storm-trooper accessory from Star Wars. Gillette should have stopped with the Sensor Excel. The twin blade cart was a good idea.

$P1020479.jpg

Last edited:
They look soooooo cool. Very hi-tech and trendy.

I think I'll ditch my other razors and get me a couple of these. I mean, really, stuff like this just cannot compare...

Top Bottom