What's new

Safety razor for Artist Club blades. Preferably open comb

Have a few Feather Pro Guard blades that I would like to use with a safety razor. Tried an original ATT when they first came out but was not happy with performance and sold it.
Is there a list of companies that manufacture safety razors for the Artist Club blades.

Many actually. My favorites for ease of use, milder than the ATT SE, and reasonable cost are the Razorock Hawk by italianbarber and the Colonial Razor General.
IME these razors need a shallower face angle than DE razors, 5-10 degrees, for a CCS.

Many actually. My favorites for ease of use, milder than the ATT SE, and reasonable cost are the Razorock Hawk by italianbarber and the Colonial Razor General.
IME these razors need a shallower face angle than DE razors, 5-10 degrees, for a CCS.

Thanks David aka Ferdinand Magellan :)

I have an aluminum Hawk. IMO, one of the gentlest AC razors. Good, steady, not overly exciting.

Asylum RX. The razor Jesus would use, if He shaved. :001_302: Truly a straight on a stick, highly, incredibly, efficient, but it can certainly bite.

Recently acquired Occam Oren. An absolute delight. Pretty on par with the RX, but more forgiving, and has 3 levels of plates (which do actually feel different.)

Mongoose. Nice. Hefty. Aggressive. More harsh than the RX and less efficient, for me.

ATT SE. I did not particularly care for, as it was mild and not more efficient than my Gems(YMMV).

iKon El Jefe. I do like, close behind the RX & Oren.

For the money, I was most impressed with the Oren. The original Occam's Razor has a solid handle, if you don't like the cut out.

IMG_0781b~2.jpeg

The smallest head in the industry, how can you miss it?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I had the ATT SE1 and SE2 briefly. :) Actually, I had two SE1s because I thought after getting rid of the first one that maybe I hadn't given it a fair trial. Probably technique just wasn't up to it.

Likewise I had the RazoRock Hawk V3SB and V3OC. I just sold the V3OC because it was a challenge. Not the aggressiveness, which is relatively minimal. I found I like OCs that have their teeth fairly close together, which the "Jaws" style V3OC does not.

For the price it's cheap enough to try but I now have an additional level of evaluation to consider.

I think my only AC safety razor now is the V3SB. I find it to be a lovely shaver, mild and smooth.

O.H.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Have a few Feather Pro Guard blades that I would like to use with a safety razor. Tried an original ATT when they first came out but was not happy with performance and sold it.
Is there a list of companies that manufacture safety razors for the Artist Club blades.

My favorite AC blade SE Razor is the Blackland Razors Vector. I have both the OC and SB plates. Awesome razor! :thumbup:

Huge +1. :thumbup:

What do you think of the OC? Have you compared it with the SB?

The OC is slightly more efficient than the SB. My suggestion is to get both plates - they're small. ;) :thumbup:

Top Bottom