What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

My aluminium Rocket arrived today from jolly old England.
AlumRocketA.jpg
AlumRocketB.jpg

AlumRocketC.jpg
AlumRocketD.jpg

Well just picked up my first Schick Krona for less than $6.50 including shipping.:D

s-l1600-9-3.jpg

A little clean up and I'll take for spin. What's the best way to clean these Kronas?

Last edited:
Soak in Dawn and warm/hot water (don't use boiling water). Finish it up with Scrubbing Bubbles and an old tooth brush.

Scrubbing bubbles has been my magic weapon since I learned of it's use for razor restoration. Between removing decades old gunk from used razors and shining up your current razors I strongly feel that scrubbing bubbles should be in everyone's den. I've also found a dollar store knockoff, it doesn't work as well as the name brand but still not terrible for only a buck.

Well just picked up my first Schick Krona for less than $6.50 including shipping.:D

A little clean up and I'll take for spin. What's the best way to clean these Kronas?

Soak in Dawn and warm/hot water (don't use boiling water). Finish it up with Scrubbing Bubbles and an old tooth brush.

Heed @Mlee's advice. Like an idiot, I didn't think about the all plastic handle, and used boiling water to clean my Krona. The handle is now an ugly pale gray. I haven't tried it yet, but it appears to still be mechanically sound. Learn from my mistake! :001_07:

Heed @Mlee's advice. Like an idiot, I didn't think about the all plastic handle, and used boiling water to clean my Krona. The handle is now an ugly pale gray. I haven't tried it yet, but it appears to still be mechanically sound. Learn from my mistake! :001_07:

I kind of figured boiling water would be bad, but I was wondering about the chemicals on the plastic?

Nice! I went to a flea market last weekend and all I found was a rusted straight razor and a straight bar Bakelite DE that had a disgusting looking blade stuck in it haha

Dude This one still had a blade from 66 in it. It was gross.....

If that razor I found was anything besides Bakelite I probably would have grabbed it but that Bakelite is so fragile, and the head was so gross, that I would have ruined the razor while attempting to make it shave ready. It too looked like it had been in there for several decades haha

Top Bottom