What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

proxy.php

Thank you sir! I didn't mean for you to go to that much trouble though. :blush:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Weck open comb by Merkur in chrome. Not perfect but close enough for a great shave this morning. Without even trying I've now got about five or six of these clones.

First one with a name on the top cap.

While shopping in the antique shops in Prescott, AZ I came across a Gillette 1960 Super speed flare tip) DE. Date code is "F" denoting 1960. Bought it for $29 bucks. Got it home cleaned and sanitized it and going to give it a whirl tomorrow. Hope it's close tyo my 1948 Aristocrat.
Here's the pics:
(last pic taken a kind of a weird angle, but then I'm not a photographer!)
View attachment 699770View attachment 699771

Mikey

Used it today and got a great shave! T&H Trfalgar with a german Wilkie blade. Nice.

Mikey

$PwEtTGP.jpg

I received this Joris Open Comb with a Rosewood handle from a trade the other day. Tried it out last night and boy is it ever aggressive. Really had to take my time and work slowly but in the end it was a great smooth shave.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Found a few items in the wild at the local flea market today. The thing that has me the most excited is the Brit Flat Bottom new in the metal box. I have a few of these, but this one has a nicer handle than my others. The other box came with a New and and Old head. The Ball End New handle is a mess. But these two head have nice straight teeth and will find nice homes on modern s/s handles. The straight I got on a whim, and will send it to my honing guy for evaluation. Not a bad day. Wonderful weather to be running around outdoors. 73 degrees in Jersey today.

$2016-11-03 12.09.04.jpg

$2016-11-03 13.08.09.jpg

$2016-11-03 13.08.43.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Picked this one up on the online auction. Looking forward to shaving with this one for sure! I have a rack full of Super Speeds. But this my first Ranger Tech.

$2016-11-03 13.06.29.jpg

Been away far too long, I've missed you gentlemen. My newest acquisition, Merkur Futur in chrome. I ordered it today so I'm using a stock photo and will post pics when it gets here. I'm quite excited! I've read great things about it. So far, of the 20+ I own and have used, my Feather AS-D2 and Gillette Fatboy are my absolute favorites!

proxy.php

Yesterday, I bought a razor on EvilBay that I have waited over a quarter of a century to buy! At first glance, I did not pay it much attention, as the key photo was not much (see attachment). But for some reason, I looked on, and saw the second picture. WOW!
It wasn't cheap, but I think it's rarity made it worth every penny, and then some! I will post my own pictures (these were from the auction) when it arrives, and I have cleaned it up..... it is a 1909.$s-l1600.jpg$s-l1600-1.jpg

Top Bottom