What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I thought it might be, I know the handle and base plate are aluminium but isn't there also an all brass ball end tech?

Yes they did, but,....

They made just about everything you can think of! All brass, all aluminum, brass head/aluminum handle, some had steel parts, and plastic parts, and Bakelite, and, and, and! Many different handles, hollow, solid, skinny, fat, short. There really isn't a "standard" tech, you just have to look at it and see what you've got.

I've hunted in the wild before, but never had as successful of a hunt than I had a couple weeks ago. Small town antique mall that had a couple good vendor booths. Obviously no DE collectors had been by in many, many years. I picked up 4 of the best looking/rarer razors...but had to leave about a dozen for another day. $65 total for these 3 plus an Old Type. :biggrin1:

No idea if the the razor in the khaki set is original or not - but I guess I'd suspect so. Also has a cool little Apollo cigar cutter instead of the blade case.

View attachment 691725View attachment 691726View attachment 691727View attachment 691728

Great scores!

I'm waiting for this beauty from Charcoal Goods. The finish looks amazing. I opted for Level 2 which is the mid-aggressive.
So far the buying experience was awesome. Brian has great communication and the turnaround was less than 2 weeks.

proxy.php

I'm waiting for this beauty from Charcoal Goods. The finish looks amazing. I opted for Level 2 which is the mid-aggressive.
So far the buying experience was awesome. Brian has great communication and the turnaround was less than 2 weeks.

proxy.php
I love the honeycomb handle. Very cool razor. [emoji106]

proxy.php

I really like the contrast of the patina colors

proxy.php
absolutely stunning!

I've received my new/old razor (1950 Gillette superspeed) and have done a bit of a clean up so what I ordered,

$il_570xN.1051389037_tecj.jpg

Has now become what I have,

$Razor2.jpg

Can't wait to try it out but that will be about 3 days as I only shave that often due to very sensitive skin on my neck.

proxy.php

That's a very attractive razor. Never seen it before either, so thanks for showing it off for us :)

R

romsitsa

Hello, nice scores everyone, and thank you Sleeper for pointing out Charcoal Goods, beautiful razor.

Todays loot is a cased Wilkinson Sticky, the handle has a small crack also the box, but it's in very good shape. And a silver ABC set from the G series.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Adam

R

romsitsa

Best part is when you can track down the owner, but with this set I see no chance.

Adam

Top Bottom