What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

This auction is over just so other people are aware, I know we have a rule against posting links to active auction, but I'm pretty sure from what I could gather that this is a Gillette heavy tech correct? I'm pretty stoked on it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301150867165?txnId=0

I will be sure to post pictures once I actually receive it.

$$_12 (4).JPG$$_12 (8).JPG

Last edited:
That's a great $2 score Whittjt3, I paid $50 for one just like it for my brother, and just recently I saw one on eBay with a BIN of $99. Very cool sir.

When I walked into the store the owner was there with a couple that had just entered. Without looking around I simply asked if he had any DE razors, and he replied "no." I turned and walked out the door and apparently the woman noticed this razor and handed it to the owner who yelled "well I guess I do."

What're the chances?

I can't wrap my brain around a BIN of $99; that just seems nuts.

This auction is over just so other people are aware, I know we have a rule against posting links to active auction, but I'm pretty sure from what I could gather that this is a Gillette heavy tech correct? I'm pretty stoked on it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301150867165?txnId=0

I will be sure to post pictures once I actually receive it.

I typically think of those as a Fat Handled Tech. Is there a difference between a FH Tech and a Heavy Tech, or is it simply different language for the same thing?

Regardless, nice score, Trent. $17 with the shipping and a pre-war to boot. Good job.

Maybe it is the same razor just different wording. I'm pretty new to this so you're guess is better than mine. Thanks, I will admit that I'm not too sure how much I would of been willing to pay without it being too much.

This is what I was going off of http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Tech . It seems to me like it could be either one, *shrug* I liked the box honestly, and the price. Do you think it's an ABC box? I was trying to do some reading on them.

Last edited:
I just got a user grade Gillette Aristocrat #20 in the mail today. Used it for today's shave. Got a great 3 pass BBS shave. Thinking about sending it over to Restored Razors for a fresh Rhodium re-plate. Not a great picture but here it is.

View attachment 436637

A new ATT R2 arrived today... (along with a new Mike's Barbershop soap and four Myrsol potions).
$13862528964_ff7e2dfdc1_c.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! It doesn't look good, it looks REALLY good!

I have a weakness for Aristocrats. Does it have the notched center bar or is it a '46-'47.

GREAT score! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Rick

I don't think it has a notch I'll have to look at it later after work. This is my second aristocrat the first I got from eBay but the one on the picture was part of a bundle purchase together with an ikon oc. I just did not think it looked so good I should take more pictures..

Today I went razor hunting, and it was slim pickings, however, I did score a 40's style Super Speed, and a rare tuck of Otto Roth Ruby blades. I'm happy about that. Here's the pic. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397589230.431806.jpg

Picked these up last weekend for $10 for the lot. Plus a few superspeeds.

Attachments

• $20140415_152007.jpg
    $20140415_152007.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 183
  • $20140415_151744.jpg
    $20140415_151744.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 185
I just got back from a local antique store with this for $30 This has been a great week , beginners luck I guess. I have been a straight razor shaver and never paid much attention to safety razors until the last few weeks. The clerk said she put it out this morning for $50 but dropped it and cracked the lid so she marked it down to $30 Back is marked G 1 it looks like. I will have to look up the date. Anyone have a lid for this they want to sell or a complete case. The razor looks brand new.

Attachments

• $20140415_205305.jpg
    $20140415_205305.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 174
Just picked up an Adams Germany Open comb at a local shop, I plan on going back in the next few days since I didn't have time to truly appreciate all he had to offer.

Top Bottom