What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

1940 Milord arrived today.

IMG_1096 (002).jpg

Z3 TTO found in the wild. Not sure but I think this case is meant for a red tip. I have one I can put in here if so. Was there red blade dispensers to go with it? They also had a really nice Slim but I limited myself to one. If I can sell my other Slims maybe I’ll go back for it.
Edit: I’m guessing the blue dispenser came with it?
Edit#2: red tip doesn’t fit in the case (door won’t close properly) so I guess it’s not for a Rudolph razor.
31C37C76-3625-41AE-A1E6-80C808912964.jpeg
1513308E-D381-426A-AB54-50408E7FBFC7.jpeg

Last edited:
Z3 TTO found in the wild. Not sure but I think this case is meant for a red tip. I have one I can put in here if so. Was there red blade dispensers to go with it? They also had a really nice Slim but I limited myself to one. If I can sell my other Slims maybe I’ll go back for it.
Edit: I’m guessing the blue dispenser came with it?
Edit#2: red tip doesn’t fit in the case (door won’t close properly) so I guess it’s not for a Rudolph razor.View attachment 1276891View attachment 1276892

That is the correct case, the one for the Red Tip is a darker red. Nice find.

I just saw your edit, I don't know why the Red Tip won't fit, it should. I just had knee surgery 2 days ago or I would go check mine.

My newest purchases include a Gillette Double Ring and a Gillette Old Type Big Fellow. Never thought that I would ever get these beauties of historical shaving history. Now they have a new home in Germany and they will not leave me (at least in future).

Below some pics right after receiving them before cleaning. I don't know if I should them clean at all because I will not use them.

Best wishes

Sakaltras

View attachment 1276674View attachment 1276675View attachment 1276676View attachment 1276677

Gorgeous! - Of course you should use them - at least try once!

I use my rarest razors every so often, just take good care of them and be extra careful when handling. Otherwise it’s like owning a racehorse and never let it out for a run :love-struck:

Yes, you are right. In my collection I use all razors except those which should stay NOS (just very few). I will use the two not daily and not 5 o'clock in the morning before work but on certain occasions. I never dropped a razor but it happened that I dropped something different which than pushed a razor of the shelf 🙂

I'm fascinated of the history of the Double Ring and the craftsmanship of the Big Fellow.

First shave with the Barbaros TR-2

I believe this may be a Bullgoose exclusive. At least I haven’t seen them anywhere else. Every year or two, fifty or so come into stock and then are gone in a few hours.

The finish is really nice. The weight is substantial. I’d say it’s a mid-aggression shaver. Maybe just a bit more efficient than my Timeless titanium .68 SB - but that may be only because of the weight. More efficient than my Feather, less so than my Rex Envoy. Fairly smooth. Mild blade feel.

The packaging is minimal but sufficient.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom