What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Parker 26C arrived today, this is my first ever open comb razor so excited to try it out when I have a bit more growth to mow down!

20210125_092915.jpg

some times ago I bought a Petard set to test a new restoration process for liners.
I tried to get some info about Petard razor and I found on the web a very interesting post by thomas (Cha-wing!! here on b&b).
Les rasoirs D.Pétard - http://www.rasage-traditionnel.com/t13651-les-rasoirs-d-petard
here you can find a lot of interesting info.
ciao,
andrea
View attachment 1212724

Thanks Andrea, I'll need Google Translate to be able to read it but now I've seen the razor that's responsible for the indentations in the shims.

4A80CDD2-88E0-48D7-A3B9-4F4E71CF6526.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Thanks Andrea, I'll need Google Translate to be able to read it but now I've seen the razor that's responsible for the indentations in the shims.

View attachment 1213406
I am still wondering if the shim was made that way to fit the razor, rather than the marks being caused by over tigthtening. The curved markings on my shim appear to be a part of the manufacture and I think they were present on the shim when it was brand new. In other words the shim was made to fit that specific razor. I cannot say for certain of course but it looks that way to me.

Lupo 95 with the dlc halo handle came today. I also grabbed a haloed ufo handle. Works of art as well as a solid tool. Welp, no more typing, off to shave. :straight:

Is it wrong to reply to your own post? If it is, too bad. This razor is impressive. Efficient, smooth, not too much blade feel, no irritation. I may never use another razor again*.

(*who am I kidding?!?!)

I picked up a Red and Black in pretty remarkable shape earlier this evening:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Spent $30.

Even the case is in pretty nice shape, considering the age of the razor. There is some tarnish on the inside. But overall, I'm quite pleased.

proxy.php

Haven't tried to shave with it. Cleaned it with Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush. Still need to do a barbasol soak.

I picked up a Red and Black in pretty remarkable shape earlier this evening:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Spent $30.

Even the case is in pretty nice shape, considering the age of the razor. There is some tarnish on the inside. But overall, I'm quite pleased.

proxy.php

Haven't tried to shave with it. Cleaned it with Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush. Still need to do a barbasol soak.

Nice!!

After curbing my initial RAD a few years ago, I found myself on a covid binge.
I'll start here, if anyone can help me date it I'd appreciate it, no date code and 10 minutes on google I couldn't find this packaging anywhere.

I was drawn to the packaging, and I didn't have a Milord so...
I bought this off a crummy facebook photo.

I'd say it's had 2.5 blades worth of usage as 3 of the 5 blade packs are still in the cellophane, two blades out of one of the open packs, one out of the other open pack, and one in the razor. OH, date code on the blades perhaps?!

Milord box.jpg

Milord open box.jpg

Milord in case.jpg

Milord open.jpg

After curbing my initial RAD a few years ago, I found myself on a covid binge.
I'll start here, if anyone can help me date it I'd appreciate it, no date code and 10 minutes on google I couldn't find this packaging anywhere.

I was drawn to the packaging, and I didn't have a Milord so...
I bought this off a crummy facebook photo.

I'd say it's had 2.5 blades worth of usage as 3 of the 5 blade packs are still in the cellophane, two blades out of one of the open packs, one out of the other open pack, and one in the razor. OH, date code on the blades perhaps?!

View attachment 1214516

View attachment 1214517

View attachment 1214518

View attachment 1214519
The razor looks great,but that packaging.Wow

Mail call today. Managed to get my hands on a Progress from a guy who used it a few times and didn't like it and a tuck of 250 Polsilver Stainless blades for around 51$ with shipping for both the Progress and blades. I've always wanted to get my hands on a Progress, but didn't want to spend that much on a brand new one, especially since it's made out of zamak.
143729486_2913190252292918_5951743349643957926_n.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
That carnation on the lapel made it a 4 color print job lol.
I'm torn, pun intended on if/how to restore the box. The only thing that hinged the lid is the thin printed top layer that has split likely decades ago and is no longer attached. Dare i tape it?... could masks it worse long term as the color is all there...
You can get a red celluloid tape that is era correct and tape it from the inside. Nice set.

Top Bottom