What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

How are you liking it so far? I recieved mine a few weeks ago and it's quickly becoming my favourite razor (and I have a lot of razors). Easy to use, no drama, nicely weighted, efficient smooth shave.
I haven't used it yet because I'm growing a bit more stubbles to test it out on a heavy growth. It feels great on the hand and it's built so well. Smooth threading and no plate/cap moving at all. I'm impressed.

Finally my family's christmas present arrived: 1907 460 standard set.
As you can see the pat number has been printed two times and overlaid on each other. the latch is not in really good conditions but still working.
ciao, andy
20210110_091403.jpg

20210110_091500.jpg

20210110_090927.jpg

Turkish Yuma Razor - Part 2
after the Fiasco with the plastic top Yuma (Clone?) I went again on the hunt and spent another wooping EUR 19.00
But this time I hedged my bets:
IMG_0238.jpg

I always wanted to try out these Turkish Usta blades and an original Turkish copper Barber bowl. They even throw in a stick of Arko and a boar brush for Farmer Tan :c1:

The razor is the expected shoddy executed, poorly plated, ultralightweight curved Solingen head + hollow handle that should - appearances aside - shave well.
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Last edited:
Turkish Yuma Razor - Part 2
after the Fiasco with plastic top Yuma (Clone?) I went again on the hunt and spent another wooping EUR 19.00
But this time I hedged my bets:
View attachment 1207072
I always wanted to try out these Turkish Usta blades and an original Turkish copper Barber bowl. They even throw in a stick of Arko and a boar brush for Farmer Tan :c1:

The razor is the expected shoddy executed, poorly plated, ultralightweight curved Solingen head + hollow handle that should - appearances aside - shave well.
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Can I ask you which shop you got the copper bowl? :)

Just received another 60s English Flare tip Rocket. Unlike the 50s English Flare tips it has the low profile head and endcaps like the US Super-Speeds. Won an auction at a nice price. Excellent condition. I already have absolutely the same, but not in that fine state.

View attachment 1207644View attachment 1207645

Absolutely gorgeous! I got one in similar great condition and it is one of my favorite shavers - built like a tank, mild, efficient, very smooth and the best grip of all razors I have ever tried. If you want the best value for money vintage razor this is the one IMHO (And I too have a spare just in case :blush:)...

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! I got one in similar great condition and it is one of my favorite shavers - built like a tank, mild, efficient, very smooth and the best grip of all razors I have ever tried. If you want the best value for money vintage razor this is the one IMHO (And I too have a spare just in case :blush:)...
Unlike you I don't particularly like its mildness. The same era [1962-1966] US Super-Speeds with the low profile head have more blade exposure and give me an easier BBS. The interesting thing is in the US after the introduction of the lower head they increased aggressiveness, whereas in England it remained the same as the earlier late 50s Flare tip Rockets.

Top Bottom