What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

1A3941F4-B044-48AD-9377-744D97852B04.jpeg
03EAF30C-859B-4756-81CB-01244EA9B57B.jpeg
9D2FEAED-5038-497D-A1C7-159A2A7541B6.jpeg
AED4109A-FAB7-425F-BDC7-961DD4AA8066.jpeg

Fatboy came in today. Seems to be in pretty good shape. It's an F-2. A little bit of rust inside the butterfly and the numbers are mostly worn off, but the rest of it looks great. Excited to try it out before work tomorrow. I've never used an adjustable before. What setting should I start at?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
View attachment 1165500View attachment 1165501View attachment 1165502View attachment 1165503
Fatboy came in today. Seems to be in pretty good shape. It's an F-2. A little bit of rust inside the butterfly and the numbers are mostly worn off, but the rest of it looks great. Excited to try it out before work tomorrow. I've never used an adjustable before. What setting should I start at?
The answer to your question depends upon your level of experience, technique and preferences for mild v. aggressive. If you’re a ‘rookie’ and/or have poor technique and a love for a mild shave, start on 2 or 3. If you’re an ‘old pro’ with a steady hand and angle and covet higher efficiency per stroke, then spin the dial to 9 and enjoy. Anything in between those extremes? 4-5 makes sense.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am sure I could research vintage razors and gain sufficient knowledge to find a good mild SS razor. My reality is that I have a DE89, I want something SS for durability, and I like a mild razor. I am thinking of a Feather AS-D2. The Edwin Jagger 3one6 also caught my attention, but the Feather seems a better choice for me. I don't anticipate my DE89 dying. So I am in no rush. I greatly enjoy shave number two on a Feather blade but can't get one to last more than four or five shaves. I hear they last better in a Feather razor.

If my hunches and preconceived notions are wrong, please set me straight!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I know, I still can't quite belive my luck. The razor and box are in pristine condition and the only blemish is a bit of damage to one of the blade boxes. And the price was a steal. I felt sure they were going to say it was incorrectly priced when paying, especially considering they were selling a rusty slim twist for £15.

Reactions: Cal
Top Bottom