What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

No, they are ultra rare. I think I found my other 4 years ago, and who knows when the last turned up before that one... I am in nyc where they originated and have never seen any sign of one in the wild

Nice Ladie's Gillette!!
My daughter has expressed interest in DE shaving for her legs. I need to find one for her...
She ordered me a Battle Brother's MKII Captain's set for my Birthday. I should try and find one of these for her's.
My daughter loves the blue one I gave her.

Found this one at an Antique Mall in Mesa, AZ today.

Black Tech 1.jpg

I've got a plastic-handled Tech and a backup plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic coming in the next little while. Other than buying a couple of Palmolive shave sticks, I've been pretty light on the acquisition front lately.

I found this out an about today J-1
B92799AE-3074-4828-AA87-2B8E72EEDB68.jpeg
A87E7173-885B-4842-A26A-6FF3A8C42E06.jpeg
B98E11F6-1E60-4C2C-8506-F893B4B184D1.jpeg
FB2031F4-164E-4B9C-B2BF-6BDBA09093AC.jpeg
EBF61855-7CA6-4218-AC13-C3DDC6299333.jpeg

I've got a plastic-handled Tech and a backup plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic coming in the next little while. Other than buying a couple of Palmolive shave sticks, I've been pretty light on the acquisition front lately.
I’ve been been heavy on my acquisition’s lately I’ve got to back off so this will hopefully be my last for a while maybe I can get my RAD back under control

Hello all,

My foray into the vintage world is going strong. Got a couple of nice Gillettes over the past month or so.

1. US Made - Aristocrat Jr.: I got lucky with this one as I didn't know what to look for with the US-made AJ. I thought I was picking up a super speed and only found out it is an AJ after the sale. After 4 uses, I'm sold - this is a great razor! I've been using the 7 o'clock yellow blades that the seller added to the package and they work really well together.

Great razor - I am not sure how they compare to other super speeds but I've been very happy with it. The razor is in great condition too!

proxy.php

proxy.php

2. English RFB Tech: I found this one on ebay and having never tried an open comb razor, I picked it up. Decent condition but some brassing on the base plate. Already had a few shaves with it, paired with a Gillette platinum blade and the shave was good - quite smooth. However, I find I prefer the FB techs to this one.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What's next to try? :)

Top Bottom