What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Found this beat up thick cap old type in an antique store last weekend (missing the ball end) for $3.00, took it to brass and picked up a brass plumbing end cap for $2.50. I mounted it in a drill clamped into a vice and used a file to turn down the diameter to fit inside the handle and then sandpaper to smoothen the end cap before using epoxy to hold it in and stabilize the cracks. A little Flitz and it's good to go for $5.50!

Excellent! Good Show sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The knurling is the difference.
What you have is a less common type that was made from a NI tube leftovers.

Here is another example of uncommon set:
proxy.php

Here is a thread:

[emoji870] Hi Andon, excellent research man. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen a Tuckaway handle like that, although the image is trying to tweak a memory from somewhere, I will have to remember later if I can.
[emoji3522]
Alan

I recently got this Slim Twist. It was pretty dirty, but with some elbow grease it cleaned up nicely. I know many of you are put off by the plastic handle, but these are nice razors. I personally like the looks of that white plastic. I have 3 white handled Gillettes and one boxed Rotbart. Also a boxed black handled Nacet. Strangely enough none of them has the crack in the plastic, that is so common with these.

IMG_20200321_155602.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I recently got this Slim Twist. It was pretty dirty, but with some elbow grease it cleaned up nicely. I know many of you are put off by the plastic handle, but these are nice razors. I personally like the looks of that white plastic. I have 3 white handled Gillettes and one boxed Rotbart. Also a boxed black handled Nacet. Strangely enough none of them has the crack in the plastic, that is so common with these.

View attachment 1076768
Congratulations. I am a lover of these razors as well.

Hi folks. Good morning. This is definitely my last one. I sold the first one I had a long time ago. I finally got another. These are not only beautiful, they shave as great as they look.

proxy.php

My (new to me) English #21 Gillette Aristocrat set.

Have a great day all.
[emoji3522]

Found this beat up thick cap old type in an antique store last weekend (missing the ball end) for $3.00, took it to brass and picked up a brass plumbing end cap for $2.50. I mounted it in a drill clamped into a vice and used a file to turn down the diameter to fit inside the handle and then sandpaper to smoothen the end cap before using epoxy to hold it in and stabilize the cracks. A little Flitz and it's good to go for $5.50!
Very Cool!!

I acquired this 'Cooper' Razor! It is about 2 Oz total weight where the handle is about 1 Oz and it is about 85mm long. The metal is very light but doesn't look like Aluminum. Any help in identifying this razor is much appreciated. Here are the pictures! I plan to shave with this tomorrow and update the results.

Attachments

• IMG_9042.jpg
    IMG_9042.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9040.jpg
    IMG_9040.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9039.jpg
    IMG_9039.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9038.jpg
    IMG_9038.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9037.jpg
    IMG_9037.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9036.jpg
    IMG_9036.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 17

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Hi folks. Good morning. This is definitely my last one. I sold the first one I had a long time ago. I finally got another. These are not only beautiful, they shave as great as they look.

proxy.php

My (new to me) English #21 Gillette Aristocrat set.

Have a great day all.
[emoji3522]

Nice razor set. Congratulations.

Top Bottom