What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

You might want to question the price jump from $10 to $35

Usually that is what it is valued at and then the purchase is what they want for it...usually, its much higher and drops but I figured she put what she bought it at and then what she wanted. I'm not going to lie it seems suspect but Poshmark makes it super easy to dispute the charges and get money back if needed.

Usually that is what it is valued at and then the purchase is what they want for it...usually, its much higher and drops but I figured she put what she bought it at and then what she wanted. I'm not going to lie it seems suspect but Poshmark makes it super easy to dispute the charges and get money back if needed.
For $35 assuming its fully functional is a great deal. In that condition I've seen them go for $150 and up.

Nothing major for me this week, but I finally found myself a cased '40s style SS. I'll now need to get rid of some of my other '40s SS razors. (the blade pack was separate. I'll use it to complete another set)
upload_2019-7-30_11-14-6.png

Also picked up a Neillite (?) plastic razor, along with the white/cream colored plastic razor:
upload_2019-7-30_11-16-1.png

I obviously haven't cleaned up anything yet. The black Neillite is aggressive on one side, and milder on the other, so I'm interested in trying it out soon. I don't have any idea what the white one is, yet. It has what looks like a propeller design on the cap.

As @Dalejr stated, that's an incredible price for a cased Toggle. Enjoy!

Unpacked a new arrival in yesterday's mail.
Yingjili.
I bought it because it was all stainless steel (& plastic handle).

The purpose is to have a lightweight shave to stuff into a daypack for weekend roadtrips, or fishing, or camping. Something that could be lost in airport luggage without consequence.

This fills the bill. It weighs all of 24.9 gms. Overall length is 4.25". And it only cost $1.82 shipped free from Hong Kong. The head is made of stamped stainless steel.

I had misgivings over using a "good" (new) blade, so I pulled out a 5X shave Astra & installed it. First pass was better than most of my other razors with any blade. 2nd pass, plus the Union Jack pattern over those neck problem areas & I had a shave to rival a brand new Voskhod in my favorite Super 109.

The results were pretty disturbing. It was THAT good. It made me doubt the reason behind my entire DE collection (to get an easy perfect shave). And to amass some cool razors I could someday sell for a profit to finance buying more razors ...

So, if you need a throwaway to leave at an iffy GF's place, want to introduce the kid next door to blade shaving cheap (or even his hot Mom), want to leave a razor at the cabin that your buddies won't steal, or hear the sirens coming, yet want an above average 1st pass shave to look good in your booking photo ... this is for you.

proxy.php

It'll make you do a doubletake when reaching for the Fat Boy.

Last edited:
Mail call!

I had been wanting to try the replica handle from Razor Emp. Due to having such a fantastic shave with my SC NEW last week, I picked up a replated head and handle combo along with a Fine Italian Citrus set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Oh look... Another one! This one caught my eye for two reason. The first is that little "GinD" hiding in plain sight and the second was the D. Petard shim (also hiding). The other bits were icing on the cake!

And I snagged this Leresch Trousse-K set with a 301 for a pittance... It needs another blade bank but I've got that covered!

Nice haul for just a bit more than a lot of bulldogs are for loose these days. I guess someone is messing up the prices. That jerk! :D

Oh look... Another one! This one caught my eye for two reason. The first is that little "GinD" hiding in plain sight and the second was the D. Petard shim (also hiding). The other bits were icing on the cake!

And I snagged this Leresch Trousse-K set with a 301 for a pittance... It needs another blade bank but I've got that covered!

Nice haul for just a bit more than a lot of bulldogs are for loose these days. I guess someone is messing up the prices. That jerk! :D

Nice haul! Enjoy them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris scores again!!!! The sensors on that guy to dig out goodies!!!

Well I’ll be doggone if it aint a 1939 goodie with a seemingly good matched case and Swedish language original manual. A Populär Modell in seller’s pic! :)

4A972BCC-8D58-4342-ADFB-64D20A87E670.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom