What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I almost did too. I just saw it in the last day of listing. I was searching for “vintage Gillette”, “Gillette adjustable”, “Fatboy”, and “Gillette slim”.

But the magic search was “old razor”.
That's the phrase that I normally use, if I had seen it I would have gone for it.

R

romsitsa

That Slim will be close to mint. One blade still there, paperwork looks like new, case is clean, it was only used a few times.
Nice. Hope it will squeak, like the very clean ones.

Adam

Upon picking my daughter up from school today, I asked her if she wanted to stop by the local antique mall. She said sure although I didn't have high hopes for finding anything of interest as this place gets quite a few visitors and gets picked over quickly. As we headed down the last aisle (and as I resigned myself to finding nothing here again) I spotted this cased '41 Ranger Tech in a small showcase. After seeing the '30% off entire booth' sign, I knew she was mine. This picture is after clean up although she didn't need much more than a gentle scrubbing.
DSC_0047 (4).JPG

Upon picking my daughter up from school today, I asked her if she wanted to stop by the local antique mall. She said sure although I didn't have high hopes for finding anything of interest as this place gets quite a few visitors and gets picked over quickly. As we headed down the last aisle (and as I resigned myself to finding nothing here again) I spotted this cased '41 Ranger Tech in a small showcase. After seeing the '30% off entire booth' sign, I knew she was mine. This picture is after clean up although she didn't need much more than a gentle scrubbing.View attachment 935187
Congratulations, one of my absolute favourites. Hope you enjoy it

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Upon picking my daughter up from school today, I asked her if she wanted to stop by the local antique mall. She said sure although I didn't have high hopes for finding anything of interest as this place gets quite a few visitors and gets picked over quickly. As we headed down the last aisle (and as I resigned myself to finding nothing here again) I spotted this cased '41 Ranger Tech in a small showcase. After seeing the '30% off entire booth' sign, I knew she was mine. This picture is after clean up although she didn't need much more than a gentle scrubbing.View attachment 935187
Congratulations, it was meant to be.

Top Bottom