What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Goodwill. Excellent condition, but has the prerequisite handle crack.
goodwill.JPG

That's a deadly combination! But remember, anybody can have a 401(k), but when the SHTF, bullets and flare tips will be worth their wait in gold!

no joke i will have about 30 DE's by end of year. (it really didn't dent the $$ i havent bought toys in a long time) and I reload so now i have plenty of both!!! i need to get a cache razor blades before the SHTF.

22662BB2-21FF-4D25-A597-6D998B9A079B.jpeg A14258EB-65B1-43E7-9823-62C7B4FD824B.jpeg D8E66BCF-D0EE-46F4-A079-2A71BC4A2B10.jpeg 7DC25BB1-F686-422D-B646-6A50D5FDF465.jpeg

This arrived from France last Friday... a Monobloc. A bargain price from French eBay.

I am only familiar with the iconic yellow case for this razor, this seems to be mismatched with an HD500 case. And yes it does have the matching iconic cigarette burn on the lid! Before and after cleaning photos

This arrived from France last Friday... a Monobloc. A bargain price from French eBay.

I believe I was the second-highest bidder on that one. I just received the two other razors he had for sale (under 2 IDs), but I've been kicking myself for not bidding higher on the Monobloc. I got lulled into a too-low bid because no had yet bid on it! Glad it went to someone who will appreciate it! Congratulations!

I believe I was the second-highest bidder on that one. I just received the two other razors he had for sale (under 2 IDs), but I've been kicking myself for not bidding higher on the Monobloc. I got lulled into a too-low bid because no had yet bid on it! Glad it went to someone who will appreciate it! Congratulations!
Sorry! Yes there only appeared to be two bidders.

I had been looking for a monobloc for some time.

What did you acquire?

What did you acquire?

From that seller, just a pair of mystery razors. A Simplex DE OC and a similar Electric Barber, which may be silver plate. I shaved with the latter and it does fine - plenty of blade feel.

I can't complain. I just opened a box of 19 razors from the French ebay! I had written to the seller asking about combined shipping. He had one lot of 10 mongrels, and about a dozen single razor auctions. I won the lot of 10, which only attracted one other bidder, and then won 7 out of 8 singles for just their opening bids! Netted a Gibbs, Good Will, finally, and what I hoped was a RFB that's just a nice English New. Still sorting out the rest, but it was a fun box to open! And the seller posted 1.67 kg of razors for a generously low amount!

Happy hunting. And the next Monobloc is mine! :001_cool:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Man, I can't stop. See a nice razor for a good price and BOOM!

48-50 Aristocrat with some German blades

full

View attachment 933858 View attachment 933859 View attachment 933860 View attachment 933861

I am only familiar with the iconic yellow case for this razor, this seems to be mismatched with an HD500 case. And yes it does have the matching iconic cigarette burn on the lid! Before and after cleaning photos

Enjoy, the Monobloc is a super shaver - just like its almost-twin the HD. And definitely more cool lookin’ :punk:

From that seller, just a pair of mystery razors. A Simplex DE OC and a similar Electric Barber, which may be silver plate. I shaved with the latter and it does fine - plenty of blade feel.

I can't complain. I just opened a box of 19 razors from the French ebay! I had written to the seller asking about combined shipping. He had one lot of 10 mongrels, and about a dozen single razor auctions. I won the lot of 10, which only attracted one other bidder, and then won 7 out of 8 singles for just their opening bids! Netted a Gibbs, Good Will, finally, and what I hoped was a RFB that's just a nice English New. Still sorting out the rest, but it was a fun box to open! And the seller posted 1.67 kg of razors for a generously low amount!

Happy hunting. And the next Monobloc is mine! :001_cool:

“1.67 kg of razors” - now there’s a statement you don’t see every day! Must be an awesome feeling to open that one!

Enjoy, the Monobloc is a super shaver - just like its almost-twin the HD. And definitely more cool lookin’ :punk:
Having used both I'd be hard pressed to find a difference it how each shaves. Then again I don't think there is difference based upon using a 40s style rocket including the Parat, HD or Monobloc. It is like they all use the same razor head on different handles is all. With that said out of those 4 the only one I kept was the Monobloc.

Top Bottom