What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
L-R.
Made in Canada Old. Made in England Old? Made in Canada Tech. M1 Slim. Cant turn down $5 razors...

IMG_2637.JPG

I picked up a Clix with a metal head at a flea market today. I also brought home a Kriss Kross razor and stropper, also a very nice Twin plex. The Clix is a lot heftier than I thought it would be.

2018-05-19 16.02.02.jpg

2018-05-19 16.00.33.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Love the KK stropper. It is just a fun piece all around. I have one of those and I ask have a twinplex that was my Grandfather's. It's missing part if the pewter blade holder but still functions! Nice catches all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Luckily they couldn't mismatch the slim head. :a30:

Yeah lol. Never say never...:001_unsur

The Slim I think is a Super Adjustable. It goes from 1-9, but I dont know much about them. Really good shape though.

As for the rest, they're slowly regaining their shapes. Just a quick polish so far but this is a nice razor.

IMG_2648.jpg

Love the KK stropper. It is just a fun piece all around. I have one of those and I ask have a twinplex that was my Grandfather's. It's missing part if the pewter blade holder but still functions! Nice catches all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you sir, I never know what I'm going to find. It's great that you have something like that of your Grandfathers.

Pictures or didn't happen!

Tonich ~

As you requested....
DSC00065 (2).JPG

The First Generation Aristocrat (aka The Bell or Flair End Aristocrat)

DSC02130.JPG
The Second Generation Aristocrat (aka the "Old Type Aristocrat)

DSC00200.JPG

The New Improved Aristocrat

As I previously stated, there are three distinct generations of the early Aristocrats.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin, I was addressing the NI Aristocrat, not the OT one.
The knirling of the knob is the same as the handle. That's the early version when the aristocrat was on the market.
Check this out:
proxy.php

Here is a the original ad:
proxy.php

I know it's just a drawing, but this was the original know Gillette produces for all their razors. Later on they changed it for a better grip perhaps, and since the aristocrat model was offered only in the beginning of the era that is the more common type of knob you can find that set with.
In all other types of NI sets there mjority of razors came with the late pattern knirling - New Standard, Bostonion, Richwood, Trveller.
Of course, there was exceptions like always when Gillette is involved.
That knirling you show is late version of the razor.

Last edited:
Tonich ~

You are 100% correct.....
I neglected to include the 1st Generation New Improved Aristocrat....
That would correctly make it four generations of early Aristocrats.
A tip of the hat to you sir!

Cheers,
Kevin

Top Bottom