What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Picked up a pretty clean 1960 Fatboy today. Had to buy a dud to get it, though.

full

They usually do, mine has no code on the tray....check the pictures I posted yesterday, maybe 10 posts back, it's one of the rare mistakes. No stamping on the blade tray, and only a molded in 3 on the bottom plate. (There's been a couple of reports of finding a NDC Super Adjustable with the black plastic bottom plate).

Actually, here you go, a picture of the inside tray:

View attachment 805676
very cool, I've never seen one without the code.

I'm starting to build my shave den and I was wondering what razor I should start with the merkur 34c or the merkur futur and what are some slick soaps out there?

I'm starting to build my shave den and I was wondering what razor I should start with the merkur 34c or the merkur futur and what are some slick soaps out there?

I'd go with a pre-war Tech and an OLD type, if I had to start over knowing what I know now, I would get those two and quit. :thumbsup:

Except for the SE razors, I'd get a 1912 and a MMOC and quit. :yesnod:

I'd go with a pre-war Tech and an OLD type, if I had to start over knowing what I know now, I would get those two and quit. [emoji106]

Denial you would still want to try others just like all of us. Lol

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I'm not really concerned with a certain kind of scent just looking to build a good lather with great slickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go with a pre-war Tech and an OLD type, if I had to start over knowing what I know now, I would get those two and quit. :thumbsup:

For me it would be a 50s Rocket and then call it quits. I inherited a Slim, SC NEW, and a Super Adjustable when I started. I would have saved so much money not buying and then reselling what I didn't like.

I bought a Pre-War Gillette Tech from the 'Bay, as it looked in good shape. I was pleasantly surprised by how it showed up today!
20170721_111758.jpg
The pics for the listing only showed the razor. The button clasp has "Gillette Safety Razor" printed on it.
Before a quick soapy water soak followed by Scrubbing Bubbles:
20170721_112238.jpg

And after:
20170721_120019.jpg
I spent a little time on Mr Razor site, but didn't see that style case anywhere.
As I said, a pleasant surprise and I am looking forward to tomorrow's shave!

I bought a Pre-War Gillette Tech from the 'Bay, as it looked in good shape. I was pleasantly surprised by how it showed up today!
View attachment 806040
The pics for the listing only showed the razor. The button clasp has "Gillette Safety Razor" printed on it.
Before a quick soapy water soak followed by Scrubbing Bubbles:
View attachment 806041

And after:
View attachment 806042
I spent a little time on Mr Razor site, but didn't see that style case anywhere.
As I said, a pleasant surprise and I am looking forward to tomorrow's shave!

Your case is from a Single Ring Old type.

Top Bottom