What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

1930s NEW Short Comb. My very first NEW. Curious to see if it bites this mild shaver :001_unsur But no matter what it looks gorgeous :001_wub:

IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG

We usually post our vintage acquisitions here. Instead today I want to celebrate my first new DE razor in like 50 years.
I received my Fatip Piccolo in the mail the other day....
full

This one gives my vintage razors a run for the money!

I used my new 164 Goodwill for the 1st time today. It is aggressive, but it is very easy to find the sweet spot. No blood & no stubble but fun to use. Ahh- so many razors; so little time.

I got lucky and acquired this Gillette Travel Safety razor. It appears ot be unused and in new condition!:) Yes, that's the paper razor packaging inbetween the cap and base. More evidence that it was never used.

I cannot believe how small this thing is! It looks like a very small Gillette Tech Ball End.

gillette travel 01.jpg

gillette travel 02.jpg

gillette travel 03b.jpg

gillette travel 04b.jpg

gillette travel 05.jpg

gillette travel 06b.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
We usually post our vintage acquisitions here. Instead today I want to celebrate my first new DE razor in like 50 years.
full

Way to go, Mike! Looks good.
I used my new 164 Goodwill for the 1st time today. It is aggressive, but it is very easy to find the sweet spot. No blood & no stubble but fun to use. Ahh- so many razors; so little time.
Be careful! I used mine and bang! It cracked.

I got lucky and acquired this Gillette Travel Safety razor. It appears ot be unused and in new condition!:) Yes, that's the paper razor packaging inbetween the cap and base. More evidence that it was never used.

I cannot believe how small this thing is! It looks like a very small Gillette Tech Ball End.

View attachment 798937

View attachment 798938

View attachment 798939

View attachment 798940

View attachment 798941

View attachment 798942

Looks great!

Be careful! I used mine and bang! It cracked.
So what was the trigger that caused that bang? Was it a rapid temperature change? Stress? Witchcraft?

All of us have noted the widespread failure of these old handles, & the manufacturing process has been studied, but you may be the only human to experience the snap & be alive to tell about it. So what was the immediate cause of all these cracked handles?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
So what was the trigger that caused that bang? Was it a rapid temperature change? Stress? Witchcraft?

All of us have noted the widespread failure of these old handles, & the manufacturing process has been studied, but you may be the only human to experience the snap & be alive to tell about it. So what was the immediate cause of all these cracked handles?
Well the origin lies in the manufacturing process. The ends are press fitted. I believe the change in temperatures of water using it and rinsing it, helps to exacerbate things. At least, that's what I think.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He's a ham fisted heathen!

full

That is one beautiful razor! I looked at the pic before reading your post, and at first glance, I thought it was a vintage razor you had just cleaned up, until I saw the Fatip box. 50 years? I'd say you're past due for a new razor! Congrats and enjoy it in good health!!

View attachment 798937

View attachment 798938

View attachment 798939

View attachment 798940

View attachment 798941

View attachment 798942

What's really cool here, is that you have his matching big brother!! Very nice! Congrats!

Top Bottom