What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

In Houston's Craiglist, there is/was a barber that's selling off his stash of memorabilia as he's closed up shop. 3 grand for everything, OBO.

This morning the second of my three latest vintage acquisitions arrived - this one all the way from Brisbane Australia:

A beautiful early 50's British Aristocrat #66, replated in Rhodium. Very nice indeed, a few scuffs on the back of the baseplate which the replate of course couldn't fix. But the rest is 100% perfect, I absolutely love the barber pole on the handle. Never used since the replate but I intend to have it in my regular rotation along with the rest of my small herd. It is the Empress so far of my small vintage "collection" (maybe it will have to be 2nd when the Diplomat arrives...). Can't wait to try it out, the balance and heft of it feels absolutely exquisite.

Happy days.

66.jpg

Last edited:
This morning the second of my three latest vintage acquisitions arrived - this one all the way from Brisbane Australia:

A beautiful early 50's British Aristocrat #66, replated in Rhodium. Very nice indeed, a few scuffs on the back of the baseplate which the replate of course couldn't fix. But the rest is 100% perfect, I absolutely love the barber pole on the handle. Never used since the replate but I intend to have it in my regular rotation along with the rest of my small herd. It is the Empress so far of my small vintage "collection" (maybe it will have to be 2nd when the Diplomat arrives...). Can't wait to try it out, the balance and heft of it feels absolutely exquisite.

Happy days.

View attachment 777861

Beautiful indeed. Congrats!

In Houston's Craiglist, there is/was a barber that's selling off his stash of memorabilia as he's closed up shop. 3 grand for everything, OBO.
I did that once. Antique bottles of hair and skin product, razors, photos... I stored most of it away to get to later. Later still hasn't come yet.

Happy days.

View attachment 777861

There is something about the barber-pole design in Rhodium that makes this razor look damn fine. What a great buy! It should shave wonderfully.

IMG_0375.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG

Possibly my last vintage razor purchase, a 1926 Gillette New Standard, serial #73294B?, a bit difficult to read. The teeth are near perfect, no handle crack and only a very slight bit of brassing on the very edge of the top cap. I will have the blade box next week. Strangely enough I found the case last summer with a Old Type inside.

I will be enjoying a relaxing shave with this beauty tomorrow morning.

View attachment 778047 View attachment 778048 View attachment 778049 View attachment 778050 View attachment 778051

Possibly my last vintage razor purchase, a 1926 Gillette New Standard, serial #73294B?, a bit difficult to read. The teeth are near perfect, no handle crack and only a very slight bit of brassing on the very edge of the top cap. I will have the blade box next week. Strangely enough I found the case last summer with a Old Type inside.

That's a beautiful razor, congratulations!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
View attachment 778047 View attachment 778048 View attachment 778049 View attachment 778050 View attachment 778051

Love mine. It's such a beautiful razor.

Top Bottom