What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Here what I mean. Do you see metal visibly bent at the cutouts on the blade?

And blade was leaving scratches on the pins in that places. So I just scratched pins with a sharp knife a little bit - blades will do this anyway in a time ;)

Slant still bending and twisting blade as it should ;)

proxy.php

Yes my pins are scraped too:
proxy.php

So the pins are too thick but, as you say, the blade will scrape them to the right size with use.
And I guess it will make a perfect fit.

Here what I mean. Do you see metal visibly bent at the cutouts on the blade?
Yes.

And blade was leaving scratches on the pins in that places. So I just scratched pins with a sharp knife a little bit - blades will do this anyway in a time ;)
Did you press the blade down with your fingers before you dropped the baseplate on?

Anyway... I've just ordered one and will soon find out for myself. :biggrin1: I'll post pics too.

Yes.

Did you press the blade down with your fingers before you dropped the baseplate on?

Anyway... I've just ordered one and will soon find out for myself. :biggrin1: I'll post pics too.
I did, but it doesn'm matter - pins are just a little bit thicker than they should be. But it doesn't matter in a long run - it's a bakelite, not metal, so it'll wear down to a size anyway.

Will be a-waiting for pics of your shiny new bakelite slant :)

I did, but it doesn'm matter - pins are just a little bit thicker than they should be. But it doesn't matter in a long run - it's a bakelite, not metal, so it'll wear down to a size anyway.
This is interesting. I believe some blades (e.g. Feather) have slightly larger cutouts than others. Maybe the PAA Slant has been designed to accommodate this. Perhaps [MENTION=111161]ShavingByTheNumbers[/MENTION] may be able to throw some light on this.

Will be a-waiting for pics of your shiny new bakelite slant :)
Me too. Can't wait. :popc:

My first vintage razor, first TTO razor as well, never even opened the doors on one before:

$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg$6.jpg$8.jpg
Haven't shaved with it yet, almost don't want to with how perfect Razor Emporium restored this!

Gillette safety razor STOCK No 29R 1035. 5 blue blades still sealed. Original box.
WW2 Tech.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Any more info would be great.

Top Bottom