What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

IMG_20240401_165329928_HDR-01.jpeg
IMG_20240401_165348894_HDR-01.jpeg
IMG_20240401_165402167_HDR-01.jpeg
IMG_20240401_165416925_HDR-01.jpeg

I've been on the lookout for a Red Enders Deluxe for a very long time. The other day @FreddieP318ti posted a SOTD with his. When I mentioned how beautiful it was and that I was hoping to find one he messaged me and let me know where he had seen one for sale in a lot purchase. I jumped on it immediately and it arrives today. Thanks so much Freddie for helping me finally add this beauty to my collection. This is the razor after a quick cleanup. I've got some MAAS polish on order and will do a bit more cleaning and polishing when it arrives.

What ultrasonic cleaner unit do you use and are you happy with it?

It's amazing how much is manages to make those old razors shine. And how much gunk comes out of them!
This unit
InvisiClean Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner for Silver, Gold, Diamond Ring, Earrings, Necklaces | Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine for Sun Glasses, Dentures, Retainers, Coins, Mouthguards, Jewelry Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/99OHhK7 not sure if I posted an affiliate link by accident?

have given it some solid moderate use. Works decently, not super hardcore but with experimentation does most things.

A696AA91-F549-4A64-AC7B-713BA48CD43C.jpeg
29060CD6-ED53-4A73-8CF5-978E0401BD65.jpeg
F10C8F2C-1791-40AC-BE3F-4CED35E4EA1E.jpeg

It’s here and Alduin the World Eater approves. This is the Atelier Durdan Dwarf (Dwemer) safety razor. Inspired by the popular video game Elder Scrolls, the razor is made from bronze, which is then expertly polished and finished with the medieval finish. Limited to 8 razors, this is one of the most elaborate razors I own. I was told this is the most aggressive blade gap they make, so it should be a 2.0 gap. Comes in a beautiful wood box as well. Can’t wait for the first shave.

View attachment 1822082View attachment 1822084View attachment 1822086View attachment 1822088

I've been on the lookout for a Red Enders Deluxe for a very long time. The other day @FreddieP318ti posted a SOTD with his. When I mentioned how beautiful it was and that I was hoping to find one he messaged me and let me know where he had seen one for sale in a lot purchase. I jumped on it immediately and it arrives today. Thanks so much Freddie for helping me finally add this beauty to my collection. This is the razor after a quick cleanup. I've got some MAAS polish on order and will do a bit more cleaning and polishing when it arrives.
Hot Dikety Dawgs...... It's RED :love-struck:

Oly to be trumped by a bright slime lime green, maybe, .... but it's RED :001_cool:

This unit
InvisiClean Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner for Silver, Gold, Diamond Ring, Earrings, Necklaces | Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine for Sun Glasses, Dentures, Retainers, Coins, Mouthguards, Jewelry Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/99OHhK7 not sure if I posted an affiliate link by accident?

have given it some solid moderate use. Works decently, not super hardcore but with experimentation does most things.
Please Excuse for stikin me nose in here :D

Very interesting to see/hear the results of the unit, as they range from 50 sheckles to thousands of sheckles, one wonders does a cheap one do the job or is a dear one worth the sheckles?

In Au, old mate ''THE Secret is'' "Klever De-range-d" advertises one, not that I would buy it !!
[ the evaporative air cooler has "THE secret is" 3 hydro super chill pads <> *cough* marketing hype rot] So one tends to disregard any yap that comes from the ads!

one wonders does a cheap one do the job or is a dear one worth the sheckles?
Hey Wombat. The answer from my experience is no. I bought the Aldi one a few months ago. While I've had good experiences with most things Aldi, I found their ultrasound cleaner next to useless. I was very disappointed with it's (lack of) performance!
In Au, old mate ''THE Secret is'' "Klever De-range-d" advertises one, not that I would buy it !!
[ the evaporative air cooler has "THE secret is" 3 hydro super chill pads <> *cough* marketing hype rot] So one tends to disregard any yap that comes from the ads!
I'm sorry, I've read this 3 times and still have no idea what you are talking about. Can you please rephrase it so that my slow brain can understand what you are saying 😞😓

In Au, old mate advertises an ultrasonic cleaner on tv, not that I would buy it !! !!!! !!!!!
[ the evaporative air cooler he advertises has 3 hydro super chill pads ?????<> *cough* marketing hype, what rubbish description, all evap coolers have shaved aspen [timber] pads in them!!!!] So one disregards those ads!!
While I've had good experiences with most things Aldi,
I too saw that, it looked too small to me, so i left it there, generally, Aldi is ok for a price, quality is ok but as with all you get what you don't pay for sometimes. I keep looking at their 12volt camping fridge, wondering, thinking, questioning my motives?

One of my latest finds. I believe what I have is an uncreased 1947 Super Speed.

I understand that the crease started in 1947 sometime. I have a 1948 which has the blade hooks.
I also have a 1946 Milord with the smooth band on the handle. This one falls in-between somewhere unless someone can prove otherwise.
The plating is good and all it needed was a cleaning and polishing. I used it this morning with a somewhat used Nacet and I got a good shave with a little effort. Next time it will get a new blade.
IMG_9222.jpeg
IMG_9224.jpeg
IMG_9226.jpeg

Dirty

One of my latest finds. I believe what I have is an uncreased 1947 Super Speed.

I understand that the crease started in 1947 sometime. I have a 1948 which has the blade hooks.
I also have a 1946 Milord with the smooth band on the handle. This one falls in-between somewhere unless someone can prove otherwise.
The plating is good and all it needed was a cleaning and polishing. I used it this morning with a somewhat used Nacet and I got a good shave with a little effort. Next time it will get a new blade.
View attachment 1822943View attachment 1822946View attachment 1822947
Dirty
Nice catch! I kind of look for a cheap one to pop up but between the ~4 different razors I have with the ranger head I don’t need it.

I had to run an errand this morning. On the way home, I went to an estate sale. I found a travel Tech (with the tiny handle) for $3.

The date code is M2.

I have a travel Tech, but I put an aftermarket handle on it.

Attachments

• F948C1A0-CB5B-41F9-80AB-38CB4B29744D.jpeg
    F948C1A0-CB5B-41F9-80AB-38CB4B29744D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 7D828864-995B-4AF7-8026-58A8D0856EE8.jpeg
    7D828864-995B-4AF7-8026-58A8D0856EE8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Long handled Progress. Feels better in my hand than the short, which was great.

And for the Canadians, Amazon.ca has the short-handled version for 68 CAD (50 USD) and long-handled for 105 CAD (77 USD). The pricing of the Progress between the .com and .ca sites has always been discordant I think someone made a conversion error on the razor a long time ago, and it's never been fixed.

6.jpg

I took a ride across Vermont and checked out some antique shops. My last stop was my favorite Antique Mall. The normal vendors I get my razors from had new stuff but nothing I was looking for. One vendor she gets in big estate sales and I saw this on one of her displays. It had a $12 sticker on it and when I open it up my jaw almost hit the floor. I never thought I'd find a new Deluxe. This is a cruiser set correct?
20240406_161912.jpg

20240406_162015.jpg

Top Bottom