What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

This arrived in the post today. The black painted handle wants me to call it a WWII maple leaf Tech, but the Made in USA stamp on the razor head suggests otherwise. Can anyone shed some light on this enigma?
View attachment 1663035View attachment 1663036
It looks to be a black handled gold Tech as shown here.
Your example looks to have had the gold wash worn off or removed from the end cap.
I think these were actually produced between 1938-41.
proxy.php

Nice score!

Last edited:
It looks to be a black handled gold Tech as shown here.
Your example looks to have had the gold wash worn off or removed from the end cap.
I think these were actually produced between 1938-41.
proxy.php

Nice score!
Thanks for the assist. My razor does indeed appear to be a black handle gold tech. I’ve never seen one of these before now. Is it considered a rare version?

Busy Memorial Day shopping weekend for me. Sort of got a little out of hand!:oops:
Good news is that I sold a few unused items in the last few weeks so funds were reallocated to these!

Chiseled Face Legacy Raw Titanium with Pineapple Twist handle:

full

Timeless Bronze SB .38mm:

full

Asylum Rx Artist Club SE:

full

Leaf Twig half blade SE in Mercury Blue:

full

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I really thought I was at the end of my DE razor purchases before we left for Bali back at the beginning of April.

Two things happened: ATT notified us they were closing down their business and BullGoose got some Mergress razors in. I had 4 new razors waiting for me when we got home.

My understanding is that the Knack and Slim Twist are the exact same head.
No, they are not. And this is not a claim that is based on second-hand knowledge or general visual impression.

The US made Knacks have more exposure and bigger gap than the Slim Twist and Super Slimtwist. All 6 razors I have.
Have more than 10 Slim Twists and more than 10 Super Slimtwists to compare. English and German made.

Another birth quarter razor. A mint 1967 M1 travel tech for 20 bucks. I haven't been able to find a nice regular M1 tech yet, but afaik this is the same head just the handle is different. So I just need to find a nice ball end tech handle for it and can make it a regular tech if I don't find one. Or I can always make it an M1 Frankenrazor with the head on whatever handle I want until I find the right Gillette one.
TravelTech3.jpg

Busy Memorial Day shopping weekend for me. Sort of got a little out of hand!:oops:
Good news is that I sold a few unused items in the last few weeks so funds were reallocated to these!

Chiseled Face Legacy Raw Titanium with Pineapple Twist handle:

full

Timeless Bronze SB .38mm:

full

Asylum Rx Artist Club SE:

full

Leaf Twig half blade SE in Mercury Blue:

full
Waw great purchase!!! 🤩

Yates Precision Manufacturing - Model 921 H plate, machine finished titanium. A buddy of mine said it looked like a lightsaber: definitely a refined grooming tool, from a more civilized age!

Attachments

• IMG-8397.jpg
    IMG-8397.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-8398.jpg
    IMG-8398.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-8399.jpg
    IMG-8399.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Top Bottom