What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

A British Souplex razor, which is basically an Old Type clone, but much milder and more comfortable. The head is in excellent condition while the handle has some plate loss, but that doesn't bother me at all, since I won't use that handle anyway.

336532283_778377483799205_4572334460889042397_n.jpg

My third Fatip arrived today - an Original Grande Nickel open comb. And, yes, I should have taken a photo.

I have now tried the Original (open comb) and Gentle (closed comb) heads, the Grande and Piccolo handles, and the gold and nickel plating.

The Gentle head is a tad too mild for my liking. The Original head is the Goldilocks open comb head for my face. And I prefer the Grande handle and nickel plating. So the winner is the Original Grande Nickel. A terrific razor and at less than $25 an amazing value.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Game Changer .84-P and SS Lupo 72 (closed comb). But when it comes to open comb, my current favorite is the Fatip. Will be interesting to see if I eventually grow into my SS Lupo 72 OC which is a tad more aggressive than the Fatip Original. I seriously doubt that I will ever become comfortable with my Game Changer .84 JAWS base plate. That is one aggressive/efficient plate.

A nice set with a travel Tech and a toothbrush. L-2 (1966). It probably had also a small tube of toothpaste originally. Note the tube with 2 crossed toothbrushes on the lid.
A somewhat similar box on Achims site. https://mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1967 (M3) Tech Traveler.JPG

As some of you know, those super short handles were only made in the US for the US market. Rarely had they reached Europe. Razor seems to be unused. The blades are definitely not the original as the blue English Super Silvers are from the mid 80s.

travel tech a.jpg

travel tech b.jpg

Ordered yesterday in my country and received today, my first slant.

La Criatura open comble double slant made by Phoenix Artisan Accountrement.

Acquired for the science, I hope to keep from bleeding to death :biggrin:

View attachment 1622911
View attachment 1622912
Don't worry. Those are less aggressive than the initial PAA Bakelite slants.
Just last month I received El Fantasma, which is the same as yous sans the colour. Hard to get BBS (for me).

Ordered yesterday in my country and received today, my first slant.

La Criatura open comble double slant made by Phoenix Artisan Accountrement.

Acquired for the science, I hope to keep from bleeding to death :biggrin:

What a cool packaging, seriously ! :cool: It reminds me an old 50's movie with a swamp monster... 🤔

Anyway, i hope for you that its quality of shaving will be as good as the quality of the packaging. :biggrin:

A pretty rare early Super Slimtwist with a black handle. Made in Germany. M-1 (1967). The black handles were only made in the first 1-2 years after the introduction of the razor. After that the handles are greenish.

Super SL twist GER-a.jpg

Here is a comparison photo with the later super common greenish handle.

Super SL twist GER-b.jpg

Don't worry. Those are less aggressive than the initial PAA Bakelite slants.
Just last month I received El Fantasma, which is the same as yous sans the colour. Hard to get BBS (for me).

I just shaved my head with one pass WTG, and my beard too with one pass because my skin is sensitive, this razor is amazing, it shaves smooth and close.

I haven't had any irritation, razor burn or redness, I didn't use any pressure.

A mid 60s British set for the gentleman. English Tech. Those nail files, tweezers, etc. all say "Sheffield England". The Gillette logo on the cap is the one introduced in 1965. Still, the razor is not from the late 60s as the bottom plate is the thicker one from the early to mid 60s.

mirror kit.jpg

mirror kit-b.jpg

Top Bottom