What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Gillette Tuckaway set arrived today.
Gave it a soak in dishwash water, a scrub with toothbrush and then a treatment with silverpolish.
I LOVE how great it looks. I feared the teeth were a bit bent, but they're as straight as I am.

The only thing that's less attractive is the inside velours of the case. It was dirty, so I tried to clean it with an alcoholcloth and toothbrush and I did manage to get out alot of dirt but also damaged the cloth.

Before:

View attachment 1461827
After:
View attachment 1461830
View attachment 1461828

I'm also waiting for my Tuckaway set to arrive by the end of the month, but mine is gold plated. Yours look really good. I wish I could have found one in nick though.

It's been a few weeks now, but my latest acquisition is the Yates 921-M and I've subsequently purchased the H-plate, as well...

proxy.php

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It's another early Christmas for me today, yippee! :punk:

I purchased yet another Gillette Flat Bottom Tech and sent it off to Chris at Back Roads Gold for palladium plating, along with an antique Gillette blade bank. I also sent him three NEW/Tech caps for replating. One (also in palladium) for my 1939 RFB (whose original cap aligns blades skew), and two in mirror nickel (one for another FBT and one for my 7 0'clock FBOC).

Chris said palladium was just a tad lighter/brighter than mirror nickel. I thought my eyesight was pretty good... but they look exactly the same to me.

There's no way I can compete with Chris's pics, so here they are:
BRG-1of3_2022-05-25.jpg

BRG-2of3_2022-05-25.jpg

BRG-3of3_2022-05-25.jpg

I can only say that I'm MORE THAN PLEASED. :001_wub:

USPS First Class International normally takes a week (give or take a couple of days) to get from the US to me in the UK. This time it was 14 very long days.

Naturally, I planned to shave with my new palladium plated Fat Handled Flat Bottom Tech on its day of arrival. So, after admiring all of Chris's work and playing around with my new toys... off for a shave!
All I can say is "wow".... OK.. I can also say "congrats".

Tatara just announced the Titanium Muramasa €699 = $750 (26may22).
The first batch of 20 immediately sold out.
The SS version (105g) feels great in the hand, but since it doesn't shave as close as a BB or Timeless Slim it's hard for me to justify upgrading. The BB Ti is still next on my acquisition list.

R

romsitsa

I think these are the triple gold plated razors advertised around 1906-07. Most have the British patent, so could be a "British" special made by Boston, but one or two carry the US patent. The serial is numbers only, so this one is from 1906.

I think these are the triple gold plated razors advertised around 1906-07. Most have the British patent, so could be a "British" special made by Boston, but one or two carry the US patent. The serial is numbers only, so this one is from 1906.
Thank you very much. Do you think that the case is the original case? Not sure because of the logo..

British Single Ring with smooth barrel

Received this beauty today. Not cleaned yet but still wanted to share pics:

View attachment 1462712

View attachment 1462714

View attachment 1462717

Could not find much information except few pics such as at the website of @mr-razor

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sami
It has no "Gillette" or something else on the razor indicating to Gillette as the manufacturer. But it has a patent info that can also be found on other Gillette razors:

BR. PAT. No. 28763 OF '02

Sami

It's another early Christmas for me today, yippee! :punk:

I purchased yet another Gillette Flat Bottom Tech and sent it off to Chris at Back Roads Gold for palladium plating, along with an antique Gillette blade bank. I also sent him three NEW/Tech caps for replating. One (also in palladium) for my 1939 RFB (whose original cap aligns blades skew), and two in mirror nickel (one for another FBT and one for my 7 0'clock FBOC).

Chris said palladium was just a tad lighter/brighter than mirror nickel. I thought my eyesight was pretty good... but they look exactly the same to me.

There's no way I can compete with Chris's pics, so here they are:
BRG-1of3_2022-05-25.jpg

BRG-2of3_2022-05-25.jpg

BRG-3of3_2022-05-25.jpg

I can only say that I'm MORE THAN PLEASED. :001_wub:

USPS First Class International normally takes a week (give or take a couple of days) to get from the US to me in the UK. This time it was 14 very long days.

Naturally, I planned to shave with my new palladium plated Fat Handled Flat Bottom Tech on its day of arrival. So, after admiring all of Chris's work and playing around with my new toys... off for a shave!

SWEET JESUS 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: Cal
Top Bottom