What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just did something I swore I would never do i just bought a vintage Gillette it is my birth razor 1964. Now I can't wait for it to get here and see how it shaves oh by the way its a Tech and the seller has Internet shop and sells loads of different vintage razors and had 100% good feedback on eBay lets hope ive done the right thing

I just did something I swore I would never do i just bought a vintage Gillette it is my birth razor 1964. Now I can't wait for it to get here and see how it shaves oh by the way its a Tech and the seller has Internet shop and sells loads of different vintage razors and had 100% good feedback on eBay lets hope ive done the right thing

A vintage Gillette from ‘64 should be nickel plated brass. They last and last.

Techichi _ Shave ?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Techichi _ Shave ?

I'm not sure heres a picture if that helps
Screenshot_20210927-204906_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210927-204906_eBay.jpg

Thank you so much thats what I'm hoping for
I’ve bought a couple of Gillette Slims from a local antique shop that were scary to look at when I bought them (they appeared to have been used a lot and rinsed/cleaned not at all). One was a 1962 model, the other a ‘64. After cleaning, sanitizing, and polishing, they looked almost new.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I’ve bought a couple of Gillette Slims from a local antique shop that were scary to look at when I bought them (they appeared to have been used a lot and rinsed/cleaned not at all). One was a 1962 model, the other a ‘64. After cleaning, sanitizing, and polishing, they looked almost new.

Thank you again I'm really worried as its my first vintage I don't have a clue about them I just saw the date and showed my wife and a minute she just said its yours.

Top Bottom