What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I have LITERALLY fallen in love with my Krona.... I may have KAD coming on!

Seriously, I want MORE doggone!
NurseRatched-MedicationTime.jpg

That. Your "den" is a bathroom not a museum and posterity is not a thing.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

This is not always the case. My bathroom is a bathroom with 1 razor, 1 brush, a couple of soaps, blades, and aftershaves, and my den is a museum. My wife calls it the razor room lol. In it I have lots of safety razors, straight razors, strops, vintage and modern soaps, aftershaves, blades, and memorabilia, along with a few item from my other hobbies. Most of it is on display. ;)

This is not always the case. My bathroom is a bathroom with 1 razor, 1 brush, a couple of soaps, blades, and aftershaves, and my den is a museum. My wife calls it the razor room lol. In it I have lots of safety razors, straight razors, strops, vintage and modern soaps, aftershaves, blades, and memorabilia, along with a few item from my other hobbies. Most of it is on display. ;)
Sure, not always the case. My "den" is not a bathroom, it's a large walk-in closet in the bedroom. I'm obviously single. It's still a walk in closet, nice cased razors notwithstanding, and there's no such thing as a display only razor . In my bathroom I keep my "closers" (currently Shake Sharp, Enders Speed, Mark Cross, Leaf Twig)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In defense of dedicated "collectors", a Museum is whatever the Museum owner says it is, regardless of what it may have been before being named a museum.
I use everything I buy, hardware and software, but I can understand the bug that some get with the concept of collecting.
Having said that, unless you are a dedicated collector or plan to be one, I personally don't understand why you would keep a single NOS item rather than use it.

But - thank goodness there are some that do collect or we wouldn't have the amazing database of information that is Mr-Razor.com

In defense of dedicated "collectors", a Museum is whatever the Museum owner says it is,...

..But - thank goodness there are some that do collect or we wouldn't have the amazing database of information that is Mr-Razor.com

Sure , and my dog is a pony so please address her as such :) . Of course, Mr. Razor for the public benefit provided by his collection and website is a much appreciated collector. That's what museums do, they provide public benefit, a privately held collection, whether for investment or personal enjoyment, is a different thing.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sure , and my dog is a pony so please address her as such :) . Of course, Mr. Razor for the public benefit provided by his collection and website is a much appreciated collector. That's what museums do, they provide public benefit, a privately held collection, whether for investment or personal enjoyment, is a different thing.

I hope your homeowners association is ok with your pony. :laugh:

Top Bottom