What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

IMG_20210611_162018.jpg

Filling the gap in my Shake Sharp collection, a lovely gold Mk 2.0.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Very nice. I believe that's the first gold one that I've seen. I don’t find the shave to be a nice as the one with the Bakelite handle, how about you?

Very nice. I believe that's the first gold one that I've seen. I don’t find the shave to be a nice as the one with the Bakelite handle, how about you?
I prefer the Bakelite removable cap version (Mk1.0) but they're all great.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Congrats Jeff - a great shaver with a double DE blade! I had one of these and found it a great shaver, mild and troublefree. Never tried the bakelite handle version.
Most find the Mk1.0 more aggressive, which I guess it is, perhaps due to the additional cap span. I only use the Mk1.0 with two blades and for me it beats my other Mk2.0 in every respect, especially in efficiency. i know other folks prefer the Mk2.0 and it is a great shaver and I"m blown away how nice this gold example looks.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Strong month, won this lot for 26.50
a Gibbs No. 14 - how do I prepare blades for it?
a Fat Handle Tech - could this be a flat bottom?
an Old Type with no obvious handle cracks and a Patent number on it
a Spiral Tech for giggles
View attachment 1282209
Gibbs: two options, one is to use a sharp scissors and trim the ends of the blades so that it clears the posts on the Gibbs. Option two is to use a punch to recreate the configuration of the orginal blade. Requires a precise punch to get perfect alignment but can be done. There are threads and videos.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom