What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

@bluesparkuk, congrats on getting your Timeless, a superb razor! Mailing the stand back isn't going to cost very much in postage. Wrap the stand in bubble wrap, put it in a small padded envelope or box, & you should be able to send it 1st class USPS for under $6 or $7.

Sorry you had that experience. I've always had very good interactions when doing business with Maggards.

@bluesparkuk, congrats on getting your Timeless, a superb razor! Mailing the stand back isn't going to cost very much in postage. Wrap the stand in bubble wrap, put it in a small padded envelope or box, & you should be able to send it 1st class USPS for under $6 or $7.

Sorry you had that experience. I've always had very good interactions when doing business with Maggards.

I think Blue Spark is in Europe.

Best option for partial recouping of cost would be to sell it on local eBay or something.

Such a bummer.

I do understand Maggard's situation though - I mean, they sell hundreds of different models and products to hundreds of different customers a day. I don't know that I personally expect them to double check my order before shipping.

Just unfortunate all around.

first shave today with my new R1AL plate on the ATT Atlas Classic. Now I have the SS H1 and AL R1, SS R2 on order. Very happy with the R1, milder shave but still a lot of blade feel which I like a lot.

IMG_9112.jpg

I think Blue Spark is in Europe.

Best option for partial recouping of cost would be to sell it on local eBay or something.

Such a bummer.

I do understand Maggard's situation though - I mean, they sell hundreds of different models and products to hundreds of different customers a day. I don't know that I personally expect them to double check my order before shipping.

Just unfortunate all around.
I missed that he lives in Europe.

I won this lot for 46.00 excl. shipping based on looking for a vintage brush for reknotting.
So I can place the Fatboy (fingers crossed it’s usable) :c9: , two Post war Tech heads, one Tech handle, one of those fancy Schick injectors and the Gibbs brush with Nylon? Bristles. Can anybody guess the maker of the red handled razor?
2A09E484-520F-4578-A8A1-955B3B7A1CF7.jpeg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My holy grail razor came in today! I have another one coming soon that I’ll get replated to be absolutely perfect haha... omg my RAD just showed up? Or just leaving? Either way I’ll smile and waive nervously 😂
Very sweet!

No as I won't use it often or even at all. It's likely that it will be an Oumo knot (or something similar) from China.
I bought a 22mm Franks Shaving Silvertip knot recently and it looks really nice. I haven’t got around to setting it, but it is a quality knot. Under $20US on Amazon.

I won this lot for 46.00 excl. shipping based on looking for a vintage brush for reknotting.
So I can place the Fatboy (fingers crossed it’s usable) :c9: , two Post war Tech heads, one Tech handle, one of those fancy Schick injectors and the Gibbs brush with Nylon? Bristles. Can anybody guess the maker of the red handled razor?
View attachment 1245038
Your Schick Magazine Repeating razor is a type B2 and can be used with modern Injector blades. That is a really nice treasure trove you scored!

Top Bottom