What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Rockwell model T showed up a couple of days ago.

Interested to see how it compares to my fat boy.
FD07BC6E-8D0D-4221-9FFD-4FA07542CEEA.jpeg
B8972037-A499-472A-9393-B71CF3C53927.jpeg
8045E881-701E-4789-BDF6-6DAC1D14D828.jpeg
52A85063-FBEE-418B-B77A-294050758D8A.jpeg
36040ACF-462C-418E-8E7D-D6DB7B853C73.jpeg

Here's a few things I picked up over the last two weeks. The DE's are pretty common but the Ever Ready and the Penn, not so common. The Rip N Cut, I believe is for hair but it uses a DE blade and I thought it was pretty cool. I was very happy to find the 1889 Kampfe Brothers Stropping Machine and the Rubberset 400 brush. I've been looking for a Gillette display case that I could justify the price and I found 2, one one my way home last Friday and the other while out with my wife on Saturday.

2020-10-01 17.46.10.jpg

I'm going to try my hand at restoring the cases. The first one I believe is quite a bit older and needs more work. The second one is in better condition but I need to find a Gillette decal.

2020-10-01 18.03.15-2.jpg

2020-10-01 18.00.41-2.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Here's a few things I picked up over the last two weeks. The DE's are pretty common but the Ever Ready and the Penn, not so common. The Rip N Cut, I believe is for hair but it uses a DE blade and I thought it was pretty cool. I was very happy to find the 1889 Kampfe Brothers Stropping Machine and the Rubberset 400 brush. I've been looking for a Gillette display case that I could justify the price and I found 2, one one my way home last Friday and the other while out with my wife on Saturday.

View attachment 1162825

I'm going to try my hand at restoring the cases. The first one I believe is quite a bit older and needs more work. The second one is in better condition but I need to find a Gillette decal.

View attachment 1162830
View attachment 1162831
Awesome haul, Mike! Let me know how the repeater shaves. I have yet to try one. The kampfe stropper is great!

I know where theres a Gillette display case but it was restored with plexiglass and they want way too much for it. It was a poor attempt. I pass it up often. I would like one someday though.

You're giving me the itch, man!

KeenDogg

Just purchased this Fatboy for $15 shipped. First time doing a Facebook marketplace PayPal transaction so hopefully I don't get screwed. I did pay the extra $0.76 for purchase protection, though. Looks like it should clean up nicely. Has anyone tried using Mother's chrome polish on old razors?
View attachment 1162365View attachment 1162366
Yes, I have. You have to use a toothbrush and go lightly. Mothers has some abrasiveness to it. I then wash it off with a toothbrush and dish soap. Then, it's a soft buff with just a cloth. Maas and Flitz seem to work very well too. Very nice pickup!

View attachment 1162825

View attachment 1162830
View attachment 1162831

Man, you are blessed to live in true vintage razoring country, Mike!!! Congrats!

R

romsitsa

View attachment 1162825

Nice pif! I'm in.

Awesome haul, Mike! Let me know how the repeater shaves. I have yet to try one. The kampfe stropper is great!

I know where theres a Gillette display case but it was restored with plexiglass and they want way too much for it. It was a poor attempt. I pass it up often. I would like one someday though.

You're giving me the itch, man!

Thanks Adam. I've run across at least a half a dozen from restored to non restorable, but none less than $100. These aren't
perfect but glass and wood are in good condition and they were in the $20 to $30 range. I'm sure you'll find one that you just can't pass up.

KeenDogg

Thanks Adam. I've run across at least a half a dozen from restored to non restorable, but none less than $100. These aren't
perfect but glass and wood are in good condition and they were in the $20 to $30 range. I'm sure you'll find one that you just can't pass up.
Awesome. Thank you. I'm sure I will.

Man, you are blessed to live in true vintage razoring country, Mike!!! Congrats!

Thanks Peter. Yes, I'm fortunate to have a lot of places close by to spend money. My wife tells me they're building a new flea market a couple of miles from me and it's going to be huge. So much for retiring.

Top Bottom