What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Just aquired this from ebay £30. Looked high and low for a review and couldn't find one. But thought it looked very nice. Anyone have any experience with this company? Toby Svizzera.

Attachments

• 20200710_100732.jpg
    20200710_100732.jpg
    830.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200710_100626.jpg
    20200710_100626.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200710_100608.jpg
    20200710_100608.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200710_095816.jpg
    20200710_095816.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Mismatched set with Rocket Monobloc razor and fabulous condition Popular #45 case and blade holders. These cases are quite rare so this is an awesome score - as I am in the process of collecting parts for my Popular collection and building matching sets from the ground up. The Monobloc razor, which is a superb shaver, will be moved on.

D8F422EE-994A-41B2-9C39-A4D0F74C147D.png

This T2 black handle SuperSpeed is my birth year/quarter razor. I had one years ago - also birth year/quarter - but didn't like how it shaved, so I PIFd it. A few recent threads about the black handle SS made me wonder if it was user error back then, so I went looking and found one on eBay. It will get its maiden run tomorrow.

bhss.jpg

Picked up the Open Comb Micromatic and the NDC Superspeed two weeks ago, then the Slim the 3rd of July and last weekend a Flying Wing/Bullet Tip Micromatic and the Neillite 400 Bakelite yesterday. The Slim is a near-NOS J2 (just missing my birth razor), and despite having two already Slims already, I felt obligated to take it home for under a Hamilton. I have a GEM Featherweight, but added the OCMM that's user grade and the near-new Bullet Tip with the paper packing "blade" in it to round out the Single Edges for now. I broke my "Gillette only" rule with the Neillite, but it was too odd and has too many good reviews to pass up. Throw in a full bottle of 50-60s vintage Old Spice and it was a good day!
Haul.jpg
Haul 1.jpg

Picked up the Open Comb Micromatic and the NDC Superspeed two weeks ago, then the Slim the 3rd of July and last weekend a Flying Wing/Bullet Tip Micromatic and the Neillite 400 Bakelite yesterday. The Slim is a near-NOS J2 (just missing my birth razor), and despite having two already Slims already, I felt obligated to take it home for under a Hamilton. I have a GEM Featherweight, but added the OCMM that's user grade and the near-new Bullet Tip with the paper packing "blade" in it to round out the Single Edges for now. I broke my "Gillette only" rule with the Neillite, but it was too odd and has too many good reviews to pass up. Throw in a full bottle of 50-60s vintage Old Spice and it was a good day!
View attachment 1125234View attachment 1125236
Old Spice. Memories of the scent overrode the aroma of my coffee and for a second I smelled it. Neural network hacked by Old Spice. The only thing I used more of was Brut. :001_cool:

Old Spice. Memories of the scent overrode the aroma of my coffee and for a second I smelled it. Neural network hacked by Old Spice. The only thing I used more of was Brut. :001_cool:
There were two bottles sitting side by side on the shelf, an empty one for $12.50, and a full one for $12.00... hmmm, let me see, which one to pick...

Hello! This beauty arrived today by post. I tried to identify it with mr-razor - http://www.mr-razor.com/ but cannot find any perfect match. Would you gents be so kind to help me?

The only thing I know is that it´s made in England.

Your kind help & wisdom will be highly appreciated!!

View attachment 1125612View attachment 1125613View attachment 1125614View attachment 1125615

You have, good sir, a 4th generation British Gillette Aristocrat (usually in a #66 set), here in a #22 case. So a mismatched set but a wonderful shaver none the less. And she looks in fine shape with pristine rhodium plating. Enjoy!

You have, good sir, a 4th generation British Gillette Aristocrat (usually in a #66 set), here in a #22 case. So a mismatched set but a wonderful shaver none the less. And she looks in fine shape with pristine rhodium plating. Enjoy!
Wow! Mismatched set, that's why could not find it in Mr. Razor. Thanks so much, Sir, I appreciate!!

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

Variant of the No 21 case, head rest is "notched".

Today I went to an antique mall to looking for some Old Spice shave stuff, and they didn't have ANY shaving stuff, or so I thought! I Was about to leave when I decided to look in the cabinets in the very front of the store. I knew they didn't have and OS stuff in it, but something blue caught my eye, and I found this 1952 Q3 Gillette Super Speed.
Case lid is in rough shape, but its still in one piece. It even had the original instructions, blades, cardboard insert, and a puck (one missing) of older blades. They had $45 on it, which I wasn't going to pay, so I offered $25. Settled on $30.
The razor is in great shape, no flaking of the nickel, and was fairly clean. Only a little apparent soap residue on the head.
Would have been happier at $25, but I think $30 is still okay, since I walked out with it, and didn't have to bid against others and wait for a package in the mail.

Still waiting on my dad's 1976 Q4 Super Speed to get restored, and they it, but this sould be a good indication of how the other should shave... I hope...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG