What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Ended up from a Pif on here winning this bundle
proxy.php

I found this Sheraton at a thrift store on Tuesday. It was included along with an entire stash of razors from someone's donated estate. A lot of crap, but this was the real gem. Whoever collected the razors had the good sense to place this one in a box of its own to preserve the gold plating and to keep it from getting dinged. c 1937.

Sheraton.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I found this Sheraton at a thrift store on Tuesday. It was included along with an entire stash of razors from someone's donated estate. A lot of crap, but this was the real gem. Whoever collected the razors had the good sense to place this one in a box of its own to preserve the gold plating and to keep it from getting dinged. c 1937.

View attachment 1109778
Smoothest TTO OC ever made. What a fantastic score, you lucky son-of-a, er-a, my friend.

I dipped my toe into the SE world for $4 bucks with a 1960s GEM, and then walked up on the Old Type Big Fellow (for a Hamilton) and forgot about the GEM. Later I found a full bottle of Old Spice After Shave (Gift Set 384 1953-59) and some carbon steel blades and it became a very good day. The BF has wear on each end of the cap, and a blade was in it, but no broken/bent teeth. I'm leaving the patina (it earned it) and just clean the rust and soap scum up. Not sure which year (1919-21) yet as the serial number is real faint under the rust.
Big Fellow.jpg
Big Fellow1.jpgBig Fellow2.jpgBig Fellow3.jpg

Have they finally come back down into the double digits?
At the back of an antique store in February, there was a Fatboy w/dispenser in the case (minus the top of the case) for $100, but at the front of the store I came across two of them in a small display case buried behind/under a couple Super Speeds, (the case was elsewhere for $5--need a dispenser yet). They were both marked $50 Firm, but the store was closing for the day and I was able to get them both for under $80, so yeah, you can get them for double digits.
Fatboys.jpg

ATT S1 on it's way to me.
I've been considering one for years.
Maybe five years. Maybe longer.
Saw a great deal yesterday and hit the button.
£90 with Atlas handle.

I feel strangely excited.

Ok, so I had to post these my own photos of an immaculate #15 which arrived today from Germany. Seller even threw in free tracked shipping. And it is truly stunning, one negligible thin scratch on the lid otherwise perfect, best one yet with me!

And even with 2 side benefits: Firstly, this is actually my first late #15 with markings on the handle. And secondly it is indeed a original German sold specimen, the manual is in part German!

It is awe striking how this could survive 80+ years in this condition!

Thank You again Erik :thumbup1:

1EA1A346-9004-45F0-8B08-6D3A8F690F81.jpeg
64684204-BD14-4CB5-BA7F-71AB6D3F696E.jpeg
C342AB8E-2543-4E2C-8A89-365DA1C1CDD3.jpeg
BB65528B-6EBB-40B5-8A4A-B8C78EF6E4CF.jpeg

Ok, so I had to post these my own photos of an immaculate #15 which arrived today from Germany. Seller even threw in free tracked shipping. And it is truly stunning, one negligible thin scratch on the lid otherwise perfect, best one yet with me!

And even with 2 side benefits: Firstly, this is actually my first late #15 with markings on the handle. And secondly it is indeed a original German sold specimen, the manual is in part German!

It is awe striking how this could survive 80+ years in this condition!

Thank You again Erik :thumbup1:

View attachment 1110689View attachment 1110692View attachment 1110690View attachment 1110691
congrats peter,
it's allora impossibile to find a better set!!!!
stunning!!

Top Bottom