What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

🔴🔴🔴D1 Red Dot Alert🔴🔴🔴

The weekend arrived early for me gents! Bought this as part of a large online auction, and it all arrived today. Couldn't stand the idea of it sitting on the porch unopened, so I ran home on an early lunch. SO exhilarating to open the mail when you know what's inside, but still kind of can't believe it. Online pictures weren't great, but enough for me to know what it was. Best part, is that it's in great shape so far as I can tell. Moves, clicks, turns, and appears aligned so far as I can tell in a first pass - just a little scummy. Never thought I'd own one. 😍

View attachment 1065386

View attachment 1065390View attachment 1065387View attachment 1065388

Remarkable score! We need to see ‘after cleaning’ pics!!

Got another Clix, much better condition than one I used to have. Forgot what a nice shave they provide!
full

Interesting, Doug - never saw one of these before!

Man, a lot of you guys have so many nice and also very different setups and razors. Some of this new stuff is beautiful in its own right. Love seeing all the classics and the new age tech mixed together. Gives me lots of ideas for the future. I won't even venture into the soaps or brushes category, I'll become a victim and lose even more money. Haha.

Man, a lot of you guys have so many nice and also very different setups and razors. Some of this new stuff is beautiful in its own right. Love seeing all the classics and the new age tech mixed together. Gives me lots of ideas for the future. I won't even venture into the soaps or brushes category, I'll become a victim and lose even more money. Haha.

You can't "loose" money on an hobby that brings joy and has an daily use.

Can I offer a suggestion here? If you have thrift or antique stores or even flea markets and yard sales around you, I'd start there. You'll actually be able to put your hands on it first before parting with legal tender. You'll still get a pretty good deal in a grungy piece of equipment to bring back to its original glory. But having the hands on experience to see if it's worth your time and effort to restore. Make sure the action works, see if you're happy with the weight and balance, see if it does speak to you. Not to mention the satisfaction of walking out with your purchase, not having to wait 2-4 weeks for shipping (or whatever it is).

I WANT to find one "in the wild" as they say. I have been out to about 50 miles from home looking but have not found any yet. I found 3 straights, all but 1 looked like they had been found under ground with a metal detector. I also found 2 brushes, but I am not really into brushes yet. I plan to hit some auctions when it warms up. We like to go to farm sales or estate auctions or what ever they are. Someone dies or moves to town so they sell all their stuff. But I usually look at guns and farm equipment. Just getting into the vintage razor thing HAHA

Top Bottom