What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
28826D57-8E81-44BC-8219-A949FE9FA3C7.jpeg 07A4E80A-45E7-4A69-9F1B-EAF16919B62E.jpeg 2ED8588B-D620-42F4-9B6C-BE09504648E2.jpeg
From the mailbox today. A Tech clone lookalike. It looks like a Tech, has the handle of a Tech but has no writing on it whatsoever. The baseplate reminds me of a Star razor baseplate. It could be a Frankenrazor, or it could be a Star. I don’t know, anyone have anything?

R

romsitsa

Sorry, no, Gillette used a clear lacquer and it was applied evenly, and not the red stuff that was haphazardly and unevenly applied.

Hello, Gillette US used a tinted nitrocellulose lacquer for gold razors and fittings (at least on low priced New/Goodwill/Techs). Clear was mostly used by Gillette UK for silver. The uneven coat is normal, the lacquer was thicker (and appears more red) in nooks and crannies.

Adam

No additional info from me, but that’s super clean![/QUOTE
View attachment 1010373 View attachment 1010374 View attachment 1010375
From the mailbox today. A Tech clone lookalike. It looks like a Tech, has the handle of a Tech but has no writing on it whatsoever. The baseplate reminds me of a Star razor baseplate. It could be a Frankenrazor, or it could be a Star. I don’t know, anyone have anything?
Who did you buy it from?

M

member 119848

Bravo Fatip! You really improved your quality control!
I just received a new Fatip. I didn´t expect such a nice fit&finish.
I had 2 Fatips in the past, that were not so nicely finished. This one is very satisfying.
74CAFE9D-A374-4CB7-8B98-CAAD3EA10BCD.jpeg 4B75A8EA-F8C0-4E26-9C94-98B55128ECF1.jpeg

Two Gillette vintage razors
1956 Flaretip Superspeed
Post-war Tech

Both razors re-plated in nickel with satin finish by BackRoadsGold.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just bought a Brass Karve SB with C plate and a RR GC .84 yesterday. From another forum member 10 min after I posted a WTB either of these two razors. He quoted me a great price for both and I quickly said yes. He doesn't use them, sticks to straight razors. Looking forward to trying them out.
20190823_082313.jpg

Two Gillette vintage razors
1956 Flaretip Superspeed
Post-war Tech

Both razors re-plated in nickel with satin finish by BackRoadsGold.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Beautiful and like new again. BRG does great work.

Just bought a Brass Karve SB with C plate and a RR GC .84 yesterday. From another forum member 10 min after I posted a WTB either of these two razors. He quoted me a great price for both and I quickly said yes. He doesn't use them, sticks to straight razors. Looking forward to trying them out.
View attachment 1010808

Timing is everything. Congrats on 2 nice looking razors.

View attachment 1010808

Congrats. Two of the best shaving razors out there, in my opinion. I will never not own them both.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Let's light this thread back up again!

A never used, 66 Slim Aristocrat arrived in my mailbox today. The same year as my wife's Grandfathers I presently own. I will be adding his to this case along with the proper instructions. His is an L1 and this one is a L4, so the blades are very period correct. Very excited to restore her Pap's razor to its former glory. I'll post on that at a later date!

The price tag! I can't believe it has it. [emoji4]
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom