What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This week is getting a little silly.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not bent, it’s sitting in a divot on my couch.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Nice Rocket HD and RFB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

Austrian Ilfe, similar to Huveso. This example has a steel (maybe stainless) handle for some unknown reason.

659BAA38-5E54-4CD0-BC18-D0C90E6B2AF3.jpeg 5C1887F1-6802-4C99-AD68-2848D5161CFE.jpeg

Adam

Mail Call Monday...

IMG_3416.jpeg

IMG_3417.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3425.jpeg

After recently selling my NEW SC 24k gold plated, I quickly sourced a user grade at best NEW SC and had it re-plated in nickel. I absolutely love this razor. It looks even better in person. All credit goes to Chris at Back Roads Gold. He is a gentleman and does great work.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just got some more gear, Pal injecto-matic(brand new with red blade) Canadian version of a Schick G type with a dark-brown case and a Valet Auto strop C - great shape but damaged stop which a repair will be attempted.
Good deal for $6.00 Canadian each and $40 Canadian shipping.
New Pal injectomatic- Canadian G type Schick brown case-Valet C Auto-strop one stop damaged (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Today, a new Edwin Jagger DE87
What attracted me to it is the faux ivory handle and the "rocker" cross-section of the head.
I used it tonight and it is now officially my favourite 3-piece razor, new or vintage. :001_tt1:
Blade was an Astra SP (5). Amazingly close shave, with no post-shave irritation.
I was a bit worried that the balance might be head-heavy, but it was fine. The thickness of the base plate thins out a bit towards the middle, so there's less mass than it looks.
No problem gripping the handle in spite of it being glossy smooth.
...Pal injecto-matic(brand new with red blade) Canadian version of a Schick G type ...
I've never seen one of those. I like the handle. It looks very ergonomic.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
What attracted me to it is the faux ivory handle and the "rocker" cross-section of the head.
I used it tonight and it is now officially my favourite 3-piece razor, new or vintage. :001_tt1:
Blade was an Astra SP (5). Amazingly close shave, with no post-shave irritation.
I was a bit worried that the balance might be head-heavy, but it was fine. The thickness of the base plate thins out a bit towards the middle, so there's less mass than it looks.

Looks like some nice gear you also just received!
Sometimes you don't know what you get in the mail, I never had such a hard time getting this one order settled out because of the way the Canadian gentleman had it on the Bay and he gave me a discount because I bought 3 razors.
The Valet Autostrop was made in Canada and the Schick E4 with the seamed handle was also made in Canada and the Pal injecto-matic was made in the USA - Pal they also had a factory in Great Britian that made injecto-matic but usally with a darker handle and lots of folks like the British version because it gave a little different a shave.
Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

I never acquired a taste for modern razors, but that is one beautiful razor. I love that handle! Congrats on your new favorite!

Well just bought my third safety razor Gillette super speed red tip for 40 USD including shipping to Thailand. I am currently using Two Gillette Tech. So I dunno how this red tip look like. Waiting for receive it.

580945AD-8AFB-4E22-A5E9-C299C1A7C24C.jpeg

$5 at the antique store yesterday. Filthy and dull when I bought it. Not fully polished up yet, at least now it's clean and the doors are shiny; it will clean up really well except it's missing the other end cap. Going to shave with it in the morning.

Top Bottom