What's new

Saddleback Leather - USPS Question (Canadian Here)

EDIT: Whoops. Nevermind. It was scanned at the International Sorting Centre in New York a few hours ago and recently updated. As odd as that was, it did end up where it was supposed to so I was concerned for no reason! Disregard the below.

Hi there, I hope this is an appropriate sub-section for this question. I have placed numerous orders with Saddleback. From wallets to briefcases. This week I placed an order for the Front Pocket ID Wallet in tobacco. I strayed from my usual chestnut to give that colour a try. It shipped with USPS Priority Mail International on Tuesday. All was well. Would like to point out that since I am in Canada, I do get accurate and point to point tracking with USPS and Canada Post on these shipments.

Until October 30th. I have never experienced this before with USPS and am wondering if anyone else has or what it could mean? I plan to contact Saddleback on Monday if this is not resolved over the weekend/it isn't normal.

Basically on October 30th it arrived at a USPS Sort Facility in Chicago (60666) at around 1:34 p.m. Now generally an hour or two later it departs that facility and arrives at the New York International Sort Facility hours later, from then on it heads to Canada. Without fail this is what has occurred with my other shipments.

This has not been the case this time round. Instead I have gotten close to a dozen updates now that the package has "departed USPS facility" - Chicago, IL, 60666". Yet it does not leave because even on November 1st I continue to get tracking updates that it has left the same facility. The new scan overrides the old one but I get email updates so I do indeed have those to show that the same scan has shown up close to a dozen times now. Just on November 1st I have gotten 3 departure scans from the exact same facility that I have been getting them from since October 30th. The first at 12:09 a.m. Followed by another at 2:54 a.m. and the latest departure scan at 5:24 a.m. Nothing since then. I get about 3 of these departure scans a day since the 30th. It is obviously not leaving this Chicago Sort Facility if I have been getting these departure scans since the 30th.

What on earth is going on? Is this package "lost" or in "limbo" or what? I have never experienced this before and I have ordered with Mystic Water, Chagrin Valley, Saddleback etc, and I definitely do not think it is normal but maybe it happens. All my other USPS shipments have reached point A to point B flawlessly.

Sorry for the long post. Am really looking forward to this wallet. I am a patient guy and do not mind waiting but it bothers me when I have no idea what is going on and odd things like this are occurring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom