What's new

Sad times

Last Tuesday marked the last of my desire to straight razor shave. I got out my Jade "Our 136" to strop before the nights shave only to find the edge looked like a Halloween Jack-o'-lantern and the blade itself was cracked beyond saving.... How did this happen.... No one in the home can say.... So all my straights are now oiled lightly and put away under lock and key not to see the light of day... I'm still just sick... The shave last Tuesday was with a Feather Artist Club clone and feather pro blade... Never shave when your Zen has been taken.... Cut myself... Since then I am back to shaving well with the three kami style razors the straights will remain in storage till I solve who destroyed my razor and why it was done.... All of my DE razors came out of storage today and got cleaned and polished, not a huge collection but a fine one for me. I shaved with a long comb Gillette that is still one of my favorites.
IMG_20191117_093940__01.jpg

Flat black Duracoated
Blade is a Persona..
Shave was excellent BBS!!

I personally enjoy a AR shave, although I don't go it every time. I think you might find yourself enjoying it in the future.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It was probably an accident. Razors can be replaced people can't. Trust me there is a car in my garage smashed up. And it was probably an accident. Yet I still love my daughters. All five of them. Sorry for going on my soap box,

Best,

It was probably an accident. Razors can be replaced people can't. Trust me there is a car in my garage smashed up. And it was probably an accident. Yet I still love my daughters. All five of them. Sorry for going on my soap box,

Best,
Please don't apologise for the soap box you are 100% correct it's just a razor my two boys are worth more than any material possession in the world.. And they both know they were forgiven even though neither one is mature enough to own their mistake yet. Holding oneself accountable for our own mistakes is difficult my first mistake was leaving the razor where curious hands could get to it...

You have me wanting to go lock mine up again. I’m sorry for your loss, the Torrey shoulderless aren’t rare but they’re definitely something special.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Please don't apologise for the soap box you are 100% correct it's just a razor my two boys are worth more than any material possession in the world.. And they both know they were forgiven even though neither one is mature enough to own their mistake yet. Holding oneself accountable for our own mistakes is difficult my first mistake was leaving the razor where curious hands could get to it...
Sorry it happened friend.

On the bright side: it appears that no one was cut. That would have been awful.

Sorry it happened friend.

On the bright side: it appears that no one was cut. That would have been awful.
I was very thankful for that of course! And since then the razor has gone of to be taken apart and the scales will find a suitable blade hopefully!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was very thankful for that of course! And since then the razor has gone of to be taken apart and the scales will find a suitable blade hopefully!
Yes, little ones are the best reason for their elders to exist.

Sounds like you have figured that out already. My little one is taller than me now, and still my best reason!

Top Bottom