What's new

S&G 1792 Flake in Dunhill

This evening pipe - a 1920 Dunhill shape 35 with the fabulous S&G Flake!

Keep puffing!

Attachments

• 20181212_193526.jpg
    20181212_193526.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 28
Welcome to The Brown Leaf! We are happy to have you here with us! That is a nice looking Dunhill. I am sure you are going to fit in well here. Please make sure you go HERE to introduce yourself. Also please go HERE and read the rules.

What part of Germany are you in? I am in Stuttgart. There are a couple of others from Germany in this community too.

Again, welcome!

yup, that'd be me ;-) You ain't by chance also are registered at PipeDreams, are you?

Sweet pipe, I only know the Plug version of the tobacco, but I suppose the flake must be just as good!
Enjoy!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
yup, that'd be me ;-) You ain't by chance also are registered at PipeDreams, are you?

Sweet pipe, I only know the Plug version of the tobacco, but I suppose the flake must be just as good!
Enjoy!

I would love to get a plug of the 1792 so I could shag cut it.

Called "Cob Plug" I think it's sold in England primarly iirc.
Got mine from a friend in Switzerland, they also have it, next time I get re-stock on that tobacco I'd happily send you a sample @Kentos ;-)

Ps.: Care to explain how one shag-cuts a plug? Wouldnt shagging a flake be more easy to do?(no pun intended)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Called "Cob Plug" I think it's sold in England primarly iirc.
Got mine from a friend in Switzerland, they also have it, next time I get re-stock on that tobacco I'd happily send you a sample @Kentos ;-)

Ps.: Care to explain how one shag-cuts a plug? Wouldnt shagging a flake be more easy to do?(no pun intended)

That would be great! Maybe we work out a trade later instead?

I have a cutter that allows me to make really thin cuts off of a plug, paper thin even. 1792 flake burns unevenly for me so I hope cutting it thin and rubbing it out into a shag will help.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
BTW to me a “shag” is an cut that is very fine, like cigarettes or tobacco or even finer. A good example is Dark Birdseye or Petite Robin.

Enjoy!

Sorry, no idea what PipeDreams is.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Well, rather small one, as the most early pipes were. Never heard about the 1792 as a plug. So I will contact my Swiss Friends to her it. A really great tobacco.

Never heard of PipeDreams, sorry.

Top Bottom